Call for Applications: Editor-in-Chief of New JACC: Clinical Electrophysiology Journal
The ACC Publications Committee is seeking applications for Editor in Chief of the new JACC: Clinical Electrophysiology journal. The new editor’s term will begin in November 2014 and run for five years, with the possibility of re-appointment for an additional five-year term. The deadline for applications is Sept. 26.
The new journal, which will begin publishing in February 2015, will focus on the best original research and review articles pertaining to cardiac rhythm disorders. Topics of interest will include the normal and abnormal generation and conduction of the electrical cardiac impulse and arrhythmias; pharmaceuticals, implantable electrical devices and ablation procedures; and reports related to outcomes and health services research.
Editor in Chief Qualifications:
- Current academic appointment in cardiovascular medicine
- Current clinical practice in the full range and scope of electrophysiology
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of the field of cardiac electrophysiology, its leadership and current trends and advances
- Substantial experience in writing, editing and reviewing scientific articles
- Understanding and appreciation for research, and strong evidence of scholarly pursuits
- Ability to plan, coordinate and manage tasks associated with journal publication and production
- Demonstrated ability in administration and leadership
- Intention to cultivate the journal as a primary interest; estimated time commitment of 30 percent.
- Understanding of and appreciation for the potential and possibilities of new media, digital and electronic publication
- The ideal candidate will have served in a significant leadership role in a journal (e.g., Editor, Associate Editor or Assistant Editor)
Information and Application Deadlines:
- The Editor’s term is five years, with the possibility of re-appointment for an additional five-year term
- To apply, please submit a letter of application addressing your qualifications for the position, along with a brief statement of your vision for this new journal. Letters of application should be addressed to ACC Publications Committee, and sent via e-mail to Elizabeth Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Deadline for submission of applications is Sept. 26
< Back to Listings