MACRA News and Updates
ACC Advocate Newsletter: Get MACRA updates straight to your inbox.Sign Up »
UNDERSTAND the Quality Payment Program
The Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA) introduces a new Medicare physician payment system called the Quality Payment Program. Learn more.
The Quality Payment Program is comprised of two tracks in which clinicians will participate in order to receive Medicare payment:
1. Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS)
2. Advanced Alternative Payment Models (APMs)
Payment Adjustment Timeline
Beginning July 1, 2015, clinicians began receiving a 0.5 percent annual payment increase to Medicare payments. This payment increase will continue annually until Dec. 31, 2018. Starting in 2019, clinicians will receive payments based on their participating in one of two pathways: MIPS or an Advanced APM.
Looking Forward to 2018
The 2017 Quality Payment Program performance period is still underway, but preparation for 2018 can begin now. Learn more.
PREPARE For Quality Payment Program Implementation
Step 1: Determine Your Track (MIPS or Advanced APM)
Step 2: Explore Track Requirements:
Step 3: Review Program Key Dates:
Get-up-to speed on key dates for years 1 and 2 of the Quality Payment Program and the last year of current Medicare quality reporting programs.
Step 4: Pick Your Pace
Clinicians have four options for participating in the Quality Payment Program in 2017, a transition year:
1. Test the Quality Payment Program
2. Participate for part of the calendar year
3. Participate for the full calendar year
4. Participate in an Advanced Alternative Payment model
EXPLORE Quality Payment Program Resources
Cardiovascular Quality Measures
Numerous ACC/American Heart Association measures are approved for Quality reporting under MIPS.
• Review a list of cardiovascular quality measures
• View the list of ACC Outpatient Registry MIPS Measures.
• View the list of ACC Outpatient Registry Non-MIPS Measures Specifications.
Cardiovascular Data Registries
ACC’s PINNACLE Registry can help you fulfill MIPS requirements for Quality, Improvement Activities and Advancing Care Information.
ACC Quality Improvement Resources
Check out ACC’s Quality Improvement for Institutions program.
Education and Meetings
• Watch ACC’s MACRA/QPP webinars.
• Prepare for payment reform at the CV Summit.
• Learn about legislative action and QPP implementation at ACC’s Legislative Conference.
• Watch video interviews discussing QPP with key figures in health care.
• Access CMS QPP webinars and events.