Introduction and Agenda
- Alberts, M., Hademenos, G., Latchaw, R., et al. (2000). Recommendations for the establishment of primary stroke centers. Journal of the American Medical Association, 283(23), 3102-9.
- Alberts, M., Latchaw, R., Selman, W., et al. (2005). Recommendations for comprehensive stroke centers: a consensus statement from the Brain Attack Coalition. Stroke, 36(7), 1597-616.
- Schwamm, L., Pancioli, A., Acker, J., et al. (2005). Recommendations for the establishment of stroke systems of care: recommendations from the American Stroke Association's Task Force on the Development of Stroke Systems. Circulation, 111(8), 1078-91.
- Brindis, R., Dehmer, G. (2016). The volume-outcome relationship revisited: Does it matter for high-risk PCI? Journal of American College of Cardiology: Cardiovascular Interventions, 9(20), 2094-2096.
- D’Agostino, R., Jacobs, J., Badhwar, V., et al. (2016). The Society of Thoracic Surgeons adult cardiac surgery database: 2016 update on outcomes and quality. The Annals of Thoracic Surgery, 101, 24-32.
- Xu, B., Redfors, B., Yang, Y., et al. (2016). Impact of operator experience and volume on outcomes after left main coronary artery percutaneous coronary intervention. Journal of American College of Cardiology: Cardiovascular Interventions, 9(20), 2086-2093.
- Gupta, A., Yeh, R., Tamis-Holland, J., et al. (2016). Implications of public reporting of risk-adjusted mortality following percutaneous coronary intervention: Misperceptions and potential consequences for high-risk patients including nonsurgical patients. Journal of American College of Cardiology: Cardiovascular Interventions, 9(20), 2077-2085.
- Shahian, D., Grover, F., Prager, R., et al. (2015). The Society of Thoracic Surgeons voluntary public reporting initiative: the first 4 years. The Annals of Surgery, 262(3), 526-35.
- Badhwar, V., Rankin, J., He, X., et al. (2016). The Society of Thoracic Surgeons mitral repair/replacement composite score: A report of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons quality measurement task force. The Annals of Thoracic Surgery, 101(6), 2265-71.
- Bilimoria, K., Barnard, C. (2016). The new CMS hospital quality star ratings: The stars are not aligned. Journal of the American Medical Association, 316(17), 1761-1762.
- O’Brien, S., Cohen, D., Rumsfeld, J., et al. (2016). Variation in hospital risk–adjusted mortality rates following transcatheter aortic valve replacement in the United States. A Report from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons/American College of Cardiology transcatheter valve therapy registry. Circulation: Cardiovascular Quality and Outcomes, 9, 560-565.
- Badhwar, V., Thourani, V., Ailawadi, G., et al. (2016). Transcatheter mitral valve therapy: The event horizon. Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 152(2), 330-6.
- Leon, M., Smith, C., Mack, M., et al. (2016). Transcatheter or surgical aortic-valve replacement in intermediate-risk patients. New England Journal of Medicine, 374, 1609-20.
- Stub, D., Lauck, S., Lee, M., et al. (2015). Regional systems of care to optimize outcomes in patients undergoing transcatheter aortic valve replacement. Journal of American College of Cardiology: Cardiovascular Interventions, 8(15), 1944-51.
- Marmagkiolis, K., Hakeem, A., Cilingiroglu, M., et al. (2012). The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions Structural Heart Disease Early Career Task Force survey results: endorsed by the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions. Catherization and Cardiovascular Interventions, 80(4), 706-11.
- Rajagopalan, B., Buber, J., Yadav, P., et al. (2016). State of structural and congenital heart disease interventional training in United States and Canada: An assessment by the American College of Cardiology fellows-in-training section leadership council. Journal of American College of Cardiology: Cardiovascular Interventions, 9(17), 1854-6.
- Ruiz, C., Feldman, T., Hijazi, Z., et al. (2010). Interventional fellowship in structural and congenital heart disease for adults. Journal of American College of Cardiology: Cardiovascular Interventions, 3(9), e1-15.
- Keynote Address_Rick Nishimura - Is It Time to Formalize the Concept of an Advanced Valve Center
- Session 1_John Carroll - Clinical Justification For a National System of Valve Centers
- Session 1_Mark Alberts - Stroke Centers and the Brain Attack Coalition
- Session 2_Daniel Simon - TAVR in an Integrated Academic Health System
- Session 2_Vinod Thourani - Integration of AVC Within Broader Health System
- Session 3_Jeffrey Rich - Advanced Valve Centers-How Will CMS Respond
- Session 3_Patrick O'Gara - Challenges to the Establishment of a Comprehensive Valve Center
- Session 4_Michael Mack - Training for Advanced Valve Centers
- Session 5 _Vinay Badhwar - How Should an Advance Valve Center Be Evaluated
- Summary Slide_Rick Nishimura - Advanced Valve Centers