Feature | ACC Celebrates American Heart Month
February marks American Heart Month and the ACC is thankful to all its members, leaders and staff who work yearlong to achieve our shared vision of a world where innovation and knowledge optimize cardiovascular care and outcomes.
ACC staff kicked-off Heart Month by celebrating Wear Red Day (Feb. 1) in the lobby of Heart House in Washington, DC. Share your #WearRedDay photos with us on Twitter. Also watch a video from ACC CEO Tim Attebery, DSc, MBA, FACHE, about why Heart Month matters to him.
Additional activities are also planned throughout the month aimed at highlighting the importance of increased awareness and action around the prevention of heart disease. Of note, the College is supporting the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute in their #OurHearts national initiative, as well as WomenHeart in their #29DaysOfHeart campaign on social media to encourage and motivate everyone to adopt heart healthy behaviors.
The College is also supporting specific Heart Month-related awareness days and weeks. Here's a round-up of these activities.
World Cancer Day (Feb. 4)
- The College is supporting the Union for International Cancer Control's World Cancer Day initiative through the sharing of Cardio-Oncology research and patient tools on social media. Join the conversation via #WorldCancerDay on Twitter.
Congenital Heart Disease Awareness Week (Feb. 7–14)
- The College is supporting Mended Little Hearts' Congenital Heart Disease (CHD) Awareness Week through the sharing of CHD research and patient tools on social media. Join the conversation via #1in110 and #CHDAware on Twitter.
Cardiac Rehab Awareness Week (Feb. 10–16)
- The College is partnering with the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR) and Million Hearts to host a Twitter chat on Tuesday, Feb. 12 at 1 p.m. ET on Cardiac Rehabilitation. To join the conversation, follow #CardiacRehabChat and #CRWeek19 on Twitter.
- Throughout the month of February, cardiac rehab professionals who join the College as Associates of the ACC or CV Team members can save 30 percent or more on their first year of membership. Encourage your colleagues to visit ACC.org/CR2019 to learn more and to complete an online application!
- Read a recent perspective article on ACC.org by Janet S. Wright, MD, FACC and Martha Gulati, MD, MS, FACC, on "ACC and Million Hearts: Saving Lives, Improving Health Through Cardiac Rehabilitation."
Keywords: ACC Publications, Cardiology Magazine, Heart Failure, Secondary Prevention, Hypertension, Pulmonary, Sports, Cardiac Surgical Procedures, Metabolic Syndrome, Dyslipidemias, Geriatrics, Angiography, Diagnostic Imaging, Pericarditis, Sleep Apnea Syndromes, Exercise Test, Heart Valve Diseases, Aneurysm, Cardiotoxicity
< Back to Listings