Cover Story | 12 Strategies For Creating a Successful Team
What are key strategies to create a successful team?
Speaking at ACC's Cardiovascular Summit, Craig Beavers, PharmD, FACC, shared these:
- Agree to "share the care" and practice team-based care. This requires acceptance and openness to collaboration.
- Define the patient population.
- Develop specific teams based on your population's potential needs.
- Find a champion.
- Involve team members in all stages of the change process.
- Educate providers, nonclinical staff, administration and patients on the purpose and importance of team-based care to win over naysayers. This includes developing a business plan on sustaining such a practice financially.
- Set clear goals and responsibilities.
- Define lines of communication and the reporting structure.
- Organize team members in the same location.
- Dedicate time for team meetings and include communication about specific patients.
- Reevaluate, retrain, and reeducate through continuous process improvement.
- Rediscover enjoyment and satisfaction in practice.
Keywords: ACC Publications, Cardiology Magazine, Longitudinal Studies, Pleasure, Social Behavior, Rodentia, Personal Satisfaction
< Back to Listings