Thoracic and vascular surgeon trainees from accredited Thoracic Surgery or Surgery training programs are invited to enroll in the American College of Cardiology (ACC) Fellows in Training (FIT) membership. Joining the ACC as a FIT member will give you the unique opportunity to network, collaborate, educate, and learn with cardiology colleagues.
ACC holds the perspectives of surgeons in highest regard and understands their unparalleled position within the cardiac team and continuum of care. We hope that you will take advantage of this offer to connect surgery and cardiology trainees as the next generation’s leaders in cardiovascular care. Visit www.acc.org/fit to view current ACC FIT activities.
ACC FIT Membership Benefits
The complimentary membership available to Fellows in Training provides:
- Free membership in ACC Chapters, Councils, Committees, and Sections including ACC’s Surgeons’ Section and many others.
- Invitation to participate in ACC FIT activities, including ACC FITs on the Go
- Free print and online subscriptions to Journal of the American College of Cardiology (JACC), JACC: Imaging, JACC: Interventions, and JACC: Heart Failure
- Opportunities to submit to the JACC FIT and Early Career Page (online and print).
- Opportunities for participation in national, regional and state-based surgery – cardiology collaborations.
- Eligibility for ACC FIT travel awards, including ACC Scientific Sessions and ACC Legislative Conference.
- Access to ACC.org Cardiac Surgery clinical topic collection as well as opportunities to contribute case studies, case reviews and articles.
- Access to ACC’s FIT listserve and a dedicated surgeon trainee listserve.
Directions for Enrolling in ACC’s FIT Membership
All surgeon trainees are eligible for ACC’s FIT membership and can register through their training program. If interested, please contact your program coordinator or director. The program director and coordinator can log on to www.ACC.org and use the ACC’s online training program portal to immediately extend complimentary membership to FITs. They may access the directions to the training program portal to complete the process or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or guidance.