Dear Section Members,
The Section of Sports and Exercise Cardiology is dedicated to the cardiovascular care of athletes and exercising individuals of all ages, advancing the knowledge through fostering education, clinical expertise, and research.
We have been active and continue to develop projects in several areas such as:
- Offering educational venues on line through our editorial team, including case discussions, blogs, and hot topics;
- Establishing partnership with other organizations dedicated to sports medicine and cardiovascular care;
- Advocating for the health of athletes of all ages through our Advocacy team at ACC
- Activating a Mentorship Program through our FIT leadership;
- Presenting our Annual Symposium in Sports and Exercise Cardiology;
- Fostering publications in the fields of Sports and Exercise Cardiology
Please join us for exciting times ahead as we continue to substantiate the foundations and enrich the area of Sports and Exercise Cardiology!
Matthew W. Martinez, MD, FACC