Contact: Katie Glenn, firstname.lastname@example.org,
WASHINGTON (Jun 30, 2021) -United by a shared commitment of transforming cardiovascular care, the American College of Cardiology is partnering with the Singapore Cardiac Society (SCS) to host ACC Asia 2021 Together With SCS 32nd Annual Scientific Meeting Virtual, taking place July 9-11, 2021.
Led by conference co-chairs Fred M. Kusumoto, MD, FACC, and Kian Keong Poh, MBBChir, FACC, the conference brings together experts from around the Asia Pacific region and world to discuss, share and critique the latest in cardiovascular prevention and care. The conference looks to critically examine emerging trends, evidence-based strategies, contemporary best practices and clinical decision-making to achieve the cardiovascular community’s common objective of improving the heart health for patients with cardiovascular disease.
"Cardiovascular disease is still the leading cause of death across the globe, and the ACC is proud to partner with the SCS in our shared commitment to advance cardiovascular care and improve heart health for patients worldwide," said Kusumoto, an electrophysiologist and the Director of the Heart Rhythm Services Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida. "This conference will include practicing cardiologists, fellows-in-training, nurses, pharmacists and other members of the cardiac care team in an engaging virtual forum to help optimize prevention and management of cardiovascular disease."
Conference speakers will discuss a variety of topics, including:
- Jian’an Wang, MD, PhD, FACC and editor-of-chief of the new JACC: Asia journal, chairing a session by JACC: Asia on drug-coated balloons in coronary intervention;
- Judy Hung, MD, cardiologist at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, presenting on acute and chronic findings from imaging and COVID-19;
- ACC Asia 2021 co-chair Kusumoto, speaking on atrial fibrillation and heart failure; and more.
See the full conference agenda here.
There are a variety of innovative abstracts being presented at this year's conference. PLEASE NOTE: All ACC Asia 2021 abstracts are embargoed until Wednesday, July 7, 2021 at 12 p.m. ET/16:00 UTC. The following are a selection of abstracts:
- Young South Asians with ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction (STEMI): Outcomes, Clinical and Angiographic Profiles
- Young South Asian Women Presenting with ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction: Should We Be Worried?
- The Lifelong Self-Care Experiences of Heart Failure Patients and Their Family Caregivers: A Qualitative Study
- Functional Limitation and Emotional Burden in Patients with COVID-19 Admitted to the Intensive Care Unit: Results from the INSPIRATION Trial
- The Human Penile Fibro-Vascular Assembly is a New Anatomical Frontier of the Human Cardiovascular System
To receive embargoed copies of these abstracts or to register for media credentials and access to the conference, please contact ACC Sr. Media Relations Associate Katie Glenn at email@example.com.
For more information on ACC Asia 2021, visit ACC.org/asia2021.
The American College of Cardiology envisions a world where innovation and knowledge optimize cardiovascular care and outcomes. As the professional home for the entire cardiovascular care team, the mission of the College and its 54,000 members is to transform cardiovascular care and to improve heart health. The ACC bestows credentials upon cardiovascular professionals who meet stringent qualifications and leads in the formation of health policy, standards and guidelines. The College also provides professional medical education, disseminates cardiovascular research through its world-renowned JACC Journals, operates national registries to measure and improve care, and offers cardiovascular accreditation to hospitals and institutions. For more, visit acc.org.