When you join the ACC as a staff member, you become a part of a long tradition of innovative, collaborative and driven individuals dedicated to supporting and implementing the College's mission to transform cardiovascular care and improve heart health.
We employ over 500 staff members in various stages of their careers, with a wide array of expertise and coming from a diverse spectrum of personal and professional backgrounds. We are a professional family, with a culture of collaboration, innovation, wellness and positive energy. We believe in the gold standard that the College represents to the field of cardiovascular care and invite you to explore our career opportunities.
The American College of Cardiology (ACC) values all members of our College family, including ACC staff. As the foundation of the organization, ACC staff enjoy world-class benefits and a culture of work-life balance. By joining the ACC, you'll join the ranks of the many other employees who take part in the following benefits:
- Pre-loaded vacation (up to 14 days for the first year and 20 days starting in the second)
- Pre-loaded sick leave (12 days per year and prorated for the first year)
- 12 holidays per year and ACC is closed the week between Christmas and New Year's Day
- Summer Fridays
- Paid community service leave days (2 per year)
- Paid Parental leave (up to 6 weeks per year, based on tenure with ACC)
- Flexible arrival/departure times and telework opportunities
- Casual dress code policy
- On-site fitness center (DC location) & wellness events
- Employee assistance counseling program
- Back-up childcare for children 12 weeks to 5 years (DC-based employees, up to 10 times per year)
- Transportation stipend for mass transit or onsite parking (DC-based employees)
- Free annual Capital Bikeshare membership (DC-based employees)
- Free shuttle bus service to/from two nearby Metro Stations (DC-based employees)
- Opportunities to participate in various ACC groups, including our Community Service Team and/or Green Team
- Tuition reimbursement up to $8,000 available per calendar year
- Formal mentoring program
- Professional development book club
- Facilitator-led learning sessions
- Online learning programs
- Leadership coaching and professional development coaching
- Student loan refinance program with SoFi
- Eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
Retirement, Health, and Voluntary Benefits
- Retirement plan with a 10% employer contribution after one year (vested over a four-year schedule)
- Choice between a PPO, POS, or HSA plan for medical health coverage
- Open-access plan for dental protection and vision care services
- Company-paid life insurance equivalent to 1.5 times annual salary
- Company-paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Health and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) Subsidized standing desks
- Identity theft protection and Legal services through Legal Resources
CareFirst creates and publishes the Machine-Readable Files on behalf of the American College of Cardiology Foundation. To link to the Machine-Readable Files, please click on the URL provided: https://individual.carefirst.com/individuals-families/mandates-policies/machine-readable-file.page.
Diversity and Inclusion
- Diversity Leadership Council (DLC): The Diversity Leadership Council (DLC) is a staff-led council created to support staff diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts. The mission of the council is to support ACC's efforts to educate, raise awareness and continue to build an environment that is inclusive and supportive of people from diverse backgrounds. The DLC's goal is to serve as champions and allies for the diversity and inclusion work, as ambassadors for change, and as a voice for the less vocal.
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs): As part of the ACC's continued commitment to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, the College established five employee resource groups (ERGs). These groups allow people with different backgrounds and experiences to support and celebrate each other. These groups connect staff across identities to provide career development, networking, and mentorship while hosing activities that promote cultural awareness and engagement. We have five ERGs and are always excited to bring more to the table. These groups include: People of Color, LGBTQ+, Women, Working Parents, and Young Professionals.