Meet your education, licensure, and certification requirements with one single program.
The ABIM/ACC Collaborative Maintenance Pathway (CMP) is an alternative Maintenance of Certification (MOC) assessment option, but it's more than just a test – it's about learning and refreshing your knowledge on a yearly basis. Delivered through ACC's SAPs, it includes comprehensive educational material, and annual updates. You'll get text and presentations created by experts, plus hundreds of self-assessment questions. Learn in whatever format suits your needs – reading, watching and/or listening.
With the CMP, you can stay 100% certified by focusing on just 20% of the field each year; over a span of 5 years, your entire knowledge base is refreshed but you never feel like you have to learn everything at once.
Yearly participation entails:
- Refreshing your knowledge by engaging in the CMP topic(s) for the year. New for 2022, you may choose how much time to spend learning about the year's CMP topic(s); the 7-hour learning engagement requirement has been removed.
- Honing your clinical judgement skills by scoring 70% or better on the practice questions for the year's CMP topic(s).
- Demonstrating mastery by taking and passing a Performance Assessment (a 60-question online test) for that year's topic(s).
Compare MOC Assessment Options
Your options for meeting your ABIM MOC assessment requirements have expanded. Use the information here to compare the options and select the one that's best for you.
Additional CMP Resources
Upcoming Performance Assessment Windows
|IV/EP/HF||Aug. 10 – 16, 2022
Nov. 9 – 15, 2022
|CVD||Oct. 12 – 18, 2022
Dec. 7 – 13, 2022
The CMP is a great way to stay current, and, when your MOC assessment requirement is due, simply continue with the program. A passing score on the Performance Assessment satisfies your MOC assessment requirement and there's no need to travel to a Board review course or take time away from your practice.
As a streamlined path for refreshing your knowledge, staying licensed, AND maintaining your certification, the CMP delivers everything you need through one single program.
6 Steps to Participating in the CMP
Click on each step below to learn more.
Additional Information About the CMP
WHO Can Participate in the CMP?
You can participate in the Collaborative Maintenance Pathway (CMP) if:
- You are currently certified by ABIM.
- It is offered in your specialty. The CMP is available for the following specialties:
- Cardiovascular Disease (delivered through ACCSAP)
- Interventional Cardiology (delivered through CathSAP, which is developed in collaboration with SCAI)
- Clinical Cardiac Arrhythmias & Electrophysiology (delivered through EP SAP)
- Advanced Heart Failure & Transplant Cardiology (delivered through HF SAP, which is developed in collaboration with HFSA)