The Collaborative Maintenance Pathway (CMP) is an alternative MOC assessment option and so much MORE! The CMP is MORE THAN TESTING – it's about learning and refreshing your knowledge on a yearly basis. It's delivered through ACC's SAPs, so it includes comprehensive educational material and annual updates. You'll get text and presentations created by experts, plus hundreds of self-assessment questions. Learn in whatever format suits your needs – reading, watching and/or listening.
The CMP gives you MORE FOCUS by featuring 20% of the field each year. Over a span of 5 years, your entire knowledge base is refreshed. Enrolling helps you get into the rhythm of continuous learning and prescribes which 20% of the field to focus on each year.
The CMP helps you get even MORE VALUE from ACC SAPs. Participation entails:
- Learning by spending a minimum of 7 hours each year "engaging" in the topic(s) for the year.
- Honing your clinical judgement by answering that topic's practice questions and earning a score of 70% or better.
- Demonstrating mastery by taking a Performance Assessment (a 60-question online test) for that year's topic(s).
Compare MOC Assessment Options
Your options for meeting your ABIM MOC assessment requirements have expanded. Use the information here to compare the options and select the one that's best for you.
Additional CMP Resources
Upcoming Performance Assessment Windows
- CathSAP: December 8 - 14, 2021
- EP SAP: December 8 - 14, 2021
- HF SAP: December 8 - 14, 2021
2022 Performance Assessments will occur in Q3 and Q4. Exact dates will be posted as soon as they're final.
The CMP is a great way to stay current, and, when your MOC assessment requirement is due, simply continue with the CMP. A passing score on the Performance Assessment satisfies your MOC assessment requirement. There's no need to travel to a Board review course and no need to take time away from your practice.
As a streamlined path for refreshing your knowledge, staying licensed, AND maintaining your certification, the CMP allows you to spend MORE TIME FOCUSED ON YOUR PATIENTS.
6 Steps to Participating in the CMP
Click on each step below to learn more.
Additional Information About the CMP
WHO Can Participate in the CMP?
You can participate in the Collaborative Maintenance Pathway (CMP) if:
- You are currently certified by ABIM.
- It is offered in your specialty. The CMP is available for the following specialties:
- Cardiovascular Disease (delivered through ACCSAP)
- Interventional Cardiology (delivered through CathSAP, which is developed in collaboration with SCAI)
- Clinical Cardiac Arrhythmias & Electrophysiology (delivered through EP SAP)
- Advanced Heart Failure & Transplant Cardiology (delivered through Heart Failure SAP, which is developed in collaboration with HFSA)