ACCEL Lite: Modern Management of High-Risk PE
Death due to pulmonary embolism remains high, despite increased attention and advances in various medications and treatment techniques. Surgical treatment of acute PE is safe and highly effective at saving lives.
In this interview, Joshua B. Goldberg, MD and C. Noel Bairey Merz MD, FACC, with Michelle D. Kelsey MD, discuss Modern Management of High-Risk PE.
- Goldberg JB (Writing Committee Chair): AHA Scientific Statement on the Surgical Management of Acute Pulmonary Embolism. Upcoming
- Goldberg JB. Minimally Invasive Pulmonary Embolectomy for Unstable Pulmonary Embolisms. Upcoming
- Goldberg JB: Surgical Pulmonary Embolectomy and Venoarterial Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation are Safe and Effective Treatments For Acute Pulmonary Embolism in the Elderly. Upcoming
- Goldberg JB, Spevack DM, Ahsan S, Rochlani Y, Dutta T, Ohira S, Kai M, Spielvogel D, Lansman S, Malekan R. Surgical Management of Acute Pulmonary Embolisms is Associated with Excellent Survival and Right Ventricle Recovery. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2020 Aug, 76 (8) 903–911.
- Goldberg JB, Spevack DM, Ahsan S, Rochlani Y, Dutta T, Ohira S, Kai M, Spielvogel D, Lansman S, Malekan R. Comparison of Primary Surgical Embolectomy and Venoarterial Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation for Massive Pulmonary. Accepted for publication Seminars of Thoracic and Cardiovascualr Surgery. 2021.
- Paging the PERT Team! Intermediate and High-Risk PE Cases With the Experts
Clinical Topics: Vascular Medicine, Invasive Cardiovascular Angiography and Intervention
Keywords: ACCELLite, Pulmonary Embolism
< Back to Listings