Contact: Sam Roth, firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-375-6582
NEW ORLEANS (Mar 16, 2019) -
The American College of Cardiology is recognizing six peer reviewers for the Journal of the American College of Cardiology with the 2019 Simon Dack Award for Outstanding Scholarship and 10 peer reviewers as Elite Reviewers. These individuals will be presented with their awards during the JACC Editorial Board meeting held in conjunction with the American College of Cardiology’s 68th Annual Scientific Session in New Orleans.
Named for the founding editor of JACC, the Simon Dack Award both honors Dack and recognizes the contributions and accomplishments of outstanding peer reviewers who assist the journal in its mission of publishing important new clinical information. This year’s recipients are:
- Dominick J. Angiolillo, MD, PhD, University of Florida College of Medicine, Jacksonville, Florida
- Robert S. Rosenson, MD, Mount Sinai, New York
- Kenneth N. Fish, PhD, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- John A. Bittl, AdventHealth Ocala, Ocala, Florida
- William Whang, MD, Mount Sinai, New York
- Dmitriy N. Feldman, MD, Weill Cornell Medicine, New York
Elite Reviewers are individuals who have contributed high-quality critiques to the journal. This year’s Elite Reviewers are:
- Gennaro Sardella, MD, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
- K. Lance Gould, MD, University of Texas Medical School, Houston, Texas
- William F. Fearon, MD, Stanford University, Stanford, California
- Morton J. Kern, MD, University of California Irvine, Irvine, California
- Brian Olshansky, MD, University of Iowa Hospitals, Iowa City, Iowa
- William S. Weintraub, MD, Emory University, Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
- Freek W.A. Verheugt, MD, Radboud University Medical Center, Nijmegen, Netherlands
- Stuart J. Pocock, BSc, MSc, PhD, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
- Sotirios Tsimikas, MD, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California
- Prashanthan Sanders, MD, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
The ACC’s Annual Scientific Session brings together cardiologists and cardiovascular specialists from around the world to share the newest discoveries in treatment and prevention. Follow @ACCMediaCenter and #ACC19 for the latest news from the meeting.
The American College of Cardiology envisions a world where innovation and knowledge optimize cardiovascular care and outcomes. As the professional home for the entire cardiovascular care team, the mission of the College and its more than 52,000 members is to transform cardiovascular care and to improve heart health. The ACC bestows credentials upon cardiovascular professionals who meet stringent qualifications and leads in the formation of health policy, standards and guidelines. The College also provides professional medical education, disseminates cardiovascular research through its world-renowned JACC Journals, operates national registries to measure and improve care, and offers cardiovascular accreditation to hospitals and institutions. For more, visit acc.org.
The Journal of the American College of Cardiology ranks among the top cardiovascular journals in the world for its scientific impact. JACC is the flagship for a family of journals—JACC: Cardiovascular Interventions, JACC: Cardiovascular Imaging, JACC: Heart Failure, JACC: Clinical Electrophysiology and JACC: Basic to Translational Science—that prides themselves in publishing the top peer-reviewed research on all aspects of cardiovascular disease. Learn more at JACC.org.