It is time to submit your recommendations to the Nominating Committee for the slate of Trustees for the American College of Cardiology (ACC) and the American College of Cardiology Foundation (ACCF). All Trustee Nominations are due by October 16, 2016. Submit Your Nominations Today!
The slate of Trustees will be elected at the Annual Business Meeting in March 2017 in Washington, DC. Officers and Trustees can serve in both organizations for the duration of their terms.
Your recommendations are invited for the position of Trustee. Each Trustee will serve up to a three-year term.
Please review the Trustee Application Form [DOC], Trustee Position Description [PDF] and Competencies [PDF]. Please forward your nominations and supporting materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 16, 2016.
Questions about competencies? Contact Rosanne Nelson at 202-375-6268 or email@example.com.
In making recommendations, you are reminded of the following:
- Members may be primary nominator for only one member per category (Officer or Trustee).
- Members may write a letter of support for up to two Trustees, provided they are not the primary nominator of a Trustee.
- Officers, Nominating Committee members and ACC staff may not support a candidate.
- During this critical time of transformation, all members of the 2016-2017 Governance Committee have chosen to refrain from nominating and supporting Trustee candidates.
- A Past-President is ineligible for any elected office.
- Members of the Nominating Committee are ineligible for any office.
- Members who have served a five-year term as a Trustee are ineligible to serve again.
- Members of the Board of Governors may not serve on the Board of Trustees concurrently.
The Nominating Committee will meet this fall to consider all recommendations submitted and will present a slate of nominations to the ACC/ACCF Board of Trustees for approval.
Members of the Nominating Committee for 2016-2017 are:
- Kim Allan Williams, Sr., MD, MACC – Chair
- Joseph P. Drozda, MD, FACC
- Dipti Itchhaporia, MD, FACC
- Scott M. Lilly, MD, PhD, FACC
- Thad F. Waites, MD, FACC
- Howard T. Walpole, MD, FACC
- Carole A. Warnes, MD, FACC
Contact Stephanie Mitchell at (202) 375-6446 or firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.