It is time to submit your recommendations to the Nominating Committee for the slate of Trustees and Vice President for the American College of Cardiology (ACC) and the American College of Cardiology Foundation (ACCF). Nominations are due by July 3, 2017. Submit your nominations today!
Each Trustee will serve up to a three-year term. The Vice President serves a one year term, and is thereafter eligible to assume the position of the President. To serve as Vice President, an individual must have first served at least one term on the Board.
Per ACC’s recent governance transformation, the Nominating Committee encourages all nominators, candidates and supporters to leverage the recently launched Leadership Competency model. In alignment with the Governance Principles, the ACC’s Nominating Committee will be applying the Leadership Competencies [PDF] as a framework for discussion of Vice President and Trustee candidates. ACC leadership competencies are available here.
Please forward your nominations and supporting materials to email@example.com by July 3, 2017.
In making recommendations, you are reminded of the following:
- Members may be primary nominator for only one member per category (Vice President or Trustee).
- Members may write a letter of support for up to two Trustees, provided they are not the primary nominator of a Trustee.
- Officers, Nominating Committee members, Governance Committee members, and ACC staff may not support a candidate.
- A Past-President is ineligible for any elected office.
- Members of the Nominating Committee are ineligible for any office.
- A Trustee term shall be three years with a maximum of two three-year terms.
- Members of the Board of Governors (BOG) may not serve on the Board of Trustees concurrently, with the exception of the Chair and Chair Elect of the BOG
The Nominating Committee will meet this fall to consider all recommendations submitted and will present a slate of nominations to the ACC/ACCF Board of Trustees for approval.
Members of the Nominating Committee for 2017-2018 are:
- Richard A. Chazal, MD, MACC, Chair
- Deepak L. Bhatt, MD, MPH, FACC
- Eileen M. Handberg, PhD, ARNP, FACC
- Christopher Kramer, MD, FACC
- Jagat Narula DM, MD, PhD, MACC
- Robert Shor, MD, FACC
- Thad F. Waites, MD, FACC
Contact Stephanie Mitchell at (202) 375-6446 or firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.