Contact: Sam Roth, firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-375-6582
ORLANDO (Mar 09, 2018) -
The American College of Cardiology is recognizing five peer reviewers for the Journal of the American College of Cardiology with the 2018 Simon Dack Award for Outstanding Scholarship and 10 peer reviewers as Elite Reviewers. These individuals will be presented with their awards during the JACC Editorial Board meeting held in conjunction with the American College of Cardiology’s 67th Annual Scientific Session in Orlando.
Named for the founding editor of JACC, the Simon Dack Award both honors Dack and recognizes the contributions and accomplishments of outstanding peer reviewers who assist the journal in its mission of publishing important new clinical information. This year’s recipients are:
- Kenneth Ellenbogen, MD, Virginia Commonwealth University Health System, Richmond, Virginia
- Morton J. Kern, MD, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California
- Fernando Alfonso, MD, PhD, Hospital Universitario Clinico San Carlos, Madrid
- Myron L. Weisfeldt, MD, Johns Hopkins Medicine, Baltimore
- Barry A. Borlaug, MD, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
Elite Reviewers are individuals who have contributed high-quality critiques to the journal. This year’s Elite Reviewers are:
- Dominick J. Angiolillo, MD, PhD, University of Florida College of Medicine, Jacksonville, Jacksonville, Florida
- Gennaro Sardella, MD, University of Rome, Sapienza, Rome
- Brian Olshansky, MD, University of Iowa Hospitals, Iowa City, Iowa
- Robert S. Rosenson, MD, Mount Sinai Heart, New York
- Kenneth Fish, PhD, Mount Sinai Heart, New York
- Hugh Calkins, MD, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore
- Gregory Y.H. Lip, MD, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Kelley P. Anderson, MD, Marshfield Clinic, Marshfield, Wisconsin
- Tirone E. David, MD, University of Parana, Curitiba, Brazil
- Emmanouil S. Brilakis, MD, PhD, Minneapolis Heart Institute, Minneapolis
The ACC’s Annual Scientific Session brings together cardiologists and cardiovascular specialists from around the world to share the newest discoveries in treatment and prevention. Follow @ACCMediaCenter and #ACC18 for the latest news from the meeting.
The American College of Cardiology is the professional home for the entire cardiovascular care team. The mission of the College and its more than 52,000 members is to transform cardiovascular care and to improve heart health. The ACC leads in the formation of health policy, standards and guidelines. The College operates national registries to measure and improve care, offers cardiovascular accreditation to hospitals and institutions, provides professional medical education, disseminates cardiovascular research and bestows credentials upon cardiovascular specialists who meet stringent qualifications. For more, visit acc.org.
The Journal of the American College of Cardiology ranks among the top cardiovascular journals in the world for its scientific impact. JACC is the flagship for a family of journals—JACC: Cardiovascular Interventions, JACC: Cardiovascular Imaging, JACC: Heart Failure, JACC: Clinical Electrophysiology and JACC: Basic to Translational Science—that prides themselves in publishing the top peer-reviewed research on all aspects of cardiovascular disease. Learn more at JACC.org.