Cardiovascular Summit: Contemporary Strategies for Quality Improvement, Operational Excellence, Finance and Leadership
Join us in Las Vegas, February 22-24, 2018 for ACC’s Cardiovascular Summit where you will experience how to effectively align strong leadership with innovative business strategies to fit the puzzle pieces together to ensure better care, smarting spending, healthier people and happier providers. Network with over 400 colleagues across the country while learning from the leading experts in the field of cardiology, business practices and leadership. Immerse yourself in an educational experience that leads to operational excellence, cost efficiency, leadership training and workforce satisfaction during this time of radical care delivery transformation.
Experience the best education for you and your entire practice team, a packed agenda featuring new topics, “back-by-popular demand” sessions, engaging plenary sessions and small group workshops for all skill levels and practices. Discuss, discover and develop the best solutions for today’s challenges at the Summit!
This interprofessional course is intended for cardiology physicians and other stakeholders of the cardiology clinician care team, regardless of practice setting; cardiovascular administrators and executives.
Howard T. Walpole Jr., MD, MBA, FACC
Northeast Georgia Health System
Cathleen Biga, RN, MSN
Cardiovascular Management of Illinois
Pamela S. Douglas, MD, MACC
Duke University School of Medicine
Charles L. Brown III, MD, FACC
Piedmont Heart and Piedmont Healthcare
Andrew Freeman, MD, FACC
National Jewish Health
Ty Gluckman, MD, FACC
Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic
Richard Kovacs, MD, FACC
Krannert Institute of Cardiology
Robert A. Shor, MD, FACC
The Cardiovascular Group, PC
C. Michael Valentine, MD, FACC
Stroobants Cardiovascular Center
James M. Daniel Jr., JD, MBA
Hancock, Daniel, Johnson & Nagle, PC
American Association for Physician Leadership
David R. Melloh, JD
Lindquist & Vennum, LLP
Michele M. Molden
The Advisory Board Company
Kevin C. Casey Nolan
Navigant Consulting, Inc.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST (COI) POLICY/DISCLOSURES
ACCF committee members, faculty, staff and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of this activity are required to disclose all relevant financial relationships he/she and/or his/her spouse or domestic partner has, occurring within the past twelve months, with any entity producing, marketing, reselling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients. All relevant potential conflicts of interest that are identified are thoroughly vetted by course directors, ACCF education staff, and members of the Accreditation Compliance Workgroup through a process that includes appropriate peer review for fair balance, scientific objectivity and validity, and patient care and safety recommendations.
Click here for agenda.
ABSTRACT & POSTER SESSION INFORMATION
Thank you for your interest in submitting an abstract for the Cardiovascular Summit that will take place February 22-24, 2018 in Las Vegas, Nevada. The submission process is now closed.
Deadline: All abstracts must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. EST on Tuesday, October 31, 2017.
Please ensure you have read the abstract policies and procedures and submission instructions attachments and the information listed below thoroughly before submitting your abstract.
As the move towards value-based healthcare continues, it is critical that members of the cardiovascular community engage around quality improvement and cost reduction strategies. While substantial efforts are underway at institutions around the country, there exists little opportunity for leaders in cardiovascular medicine to share and obtain feedback on their value-based efforts. As a forum for medical, operational, and finance leaders, the Cardiovascular (CV) Summit represents an ideal venue to fill this unmet need. To this end, a practical dissemination and implementation science poster session will occur at the 2018 CV Summit.
- Engage cardiovascular team members in the process of delivering value-based care
- Share and celebrate practical quality improvement and/or cost reduction strategies
- Encourage dissemination and implementation of evidence-based interventions that can be applied in clinical practice
- Facilitate networking for those interested in value-based health care
Abstracts Can Be Submitted By:
All attendees of the 2018 CV Summit including:
- Physicians (Fellows-in-Training, Early Career Professionals, Fellows of the American College of Cardiology)
- CV Team members (nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants)
- Cardiovascular administrators/executives
- CV Summit external sponsors and exhibitors
Poster Presentation Categories (centered around the Institute for Healthcare Improvement Quadruple Aim)1,2:
- Improving the patient experience of care (quality)
- Improving the patient experience of care (satisfaction)
- Improving the health of populations
- Reducing the cost of healthcare
- Improving healthcare provider (clinicians and staff) work life and well being
Sample Presentation Topics:
- Improving delivery and/or adherence to guideline directed care
- Effective management of population health
- Effective utilization of advanced practice providers (APPs) or novel physician staffing models
- Development of compensation models that better accommodate the shift from volume to value or increase provider engagement/satisfaction
- How best to incorporate the Quality Payment Program (MACRA) into clinical practice
- Efficient approaches to streamlining coding/billing
- Techniques for navigating Stark Law
- Development and nurturing of specialty or outreach clinics
- Interventions for reducing provider burnout
All posters should adhere to the following overall format: background and objective, methods, results, conclusions. Suggestions for the types of content for each section are below (adapted from the Institute for Healthcare Improvement National Forum Storyboard Handbook). These are not inclusive nor must all this information be included in every case:
- Background and objective:
- A clearly defined Aim Statement stating the problem and the expected change (including time to expected change).
- An overview of project design/strategy for change that explains how the aim was achieved.
- An explanation of the changes made to achieve improvement in the targeted process.
- An indication of how interventions were tested and/or adapted to the local environment/organization prior to implementation.
- A description of the measures used to show improvement and how they were applied.
- A listing of the multi-disciplinary team that was involved in achieving improvement (elements may include: content experts, patients, leadership, etc.)
- Tabular representation of data pre- and post-initiative
- Graphical representation of improvement. The use of tools such as annotated run charts or Shewhart control charts is preferred to demonstrate the performance of data over time.
- A demonstrated sustainability in improvement
- Critical facilitators and barriers to change (required)
- A short summary of the lessons learned from the work and/or the message for attendees/readers.
- A listing of contact information for the author(s) of the poster.
- Disclosure of relationships with industry
Best Poster Award:
- All of the 20 displayed posters will automatically be entered into an on-site competition for best poster award/ribbon.
- Posters will be displayed in meeting space foyer at the CV Summit throughout the day on February 23rd, 2018. Poster presenters will have an opportunity to discuss their work with attendees during an extended break on that day.
- PDF versions of posters will be distributed as part of an online toolkit/supplement to the CV Summit available to all attendees. To accommodate this, we will ask that all poster presenters submit their poster one week prior to the start of the 2018 CV Summit.
To Register online for the course please click the Register button at the top of the page.
If you have any special Dietary requirements, please note that this is now captured through your online profile. To enable us to accommodate your request, please ensure that your profile is up to date. If you select the (other) option, a member of our team will be in touch to discuss your needs. If you require assistance, please contact the Resource Center at 800-253-4636, ext. 5603.
To Register by Fax, Email or Phone for the Course click here.
The registration tuition includes educational sessions, continental breakfasts, refreshment breaks, lunch and course materials.
Members of these societies may register at the same rate as ACC members:
The Advisory Board
|Register me as:||Designation||Pre-conference Workshop
||Early Until 11/29/17
||Regular 11/30/17 Until 2/1/18
||Late 2/2/18 and Onsite
|ACC/AAPL/HRS/SCAI/Advisory Board/MedAxiom/Navigant Member Physician - Includes International Associate
||MD, DO PhD||$150||$975||$1175||$1275|
|Non member Physician - Includes Industry Professional
||MD, DO, PhD||$150||$1350||$1550||$1650|
|CEO, COO, CFO, Director
|Non-member Executive||CEO, COO, CFO, Director||$150||$1200||$1400||$1500|
|ACC/AAPL/HRS/SCAI/Advisory Board/MedAxiom/Navigant Member CV Administrator
||PA, RN, NP, CNS, PharmD, FIT, Student, Emeritus, Resident||$150||$550||$750||$850|
|BUNDLE for Non-member CV Administrator to Become an ACC MEMBER (includes ACC CV Administrator membership fee for 1 year)*
||PA, RN, NP, CNS, PharmD||$150||$750*||$950*||$1050*|
|Non-member CV Administrator
||PA, RN, NP, CNS, PharmD
Member Reduced - Includes CVT Member, FIT, Resident, Student and Emeritus
|PA, RN, NP, CNS, PharmD, FIT, Emeritus, Resident, Student||$150||$550||$750||$850|
||PA, RN, NP, CNS, PharmD
Cancellation, substitution or transfer to another course is allowed if written notification is received four weeks before a scheduled course. A full refund minus a $250 processing fee will be given for written notifications received fewer than four weeks before the first day of the course. No refund will be given for no-shows.
In the unlikely event that the course is canceled, the College will refund the registration tuition in full but is not responsible for any travel or hotel costs you may incur.
ACC reserves the right to cancel the course in the unlikely event of insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances. If a course is canceled or postponed, ACC will refund registration tuition but cannot be held responsible for other costs or expenses, including cancellation/change penalties assessed by airlines, travel agencies or hotels.
This course has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
The American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME.
The American College of Cardiology Foundation is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
All sessions will be held at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, 3708 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89109. The meeting site number is 702-698-7000.
You may reserve your room at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas by calling 855-435-0005 or 702-698-7575. Be sure to use group name ACC2017.
The room rate at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas is $229 plus state and local taxes currently 12 percent; and a $26 resort fee per night. The ACC room block is scheduled to be held until January 15, 2018, but may sell out prior to this date. We advise you to register for the course and reserve your lodging as soon as possible. When you make your reservation, please be sure to ask about early departure fees or cancellation penalties.
Smoking is prohibited in all ACC meeting rooms.
We encourage participation by all individuals. If you have a disability, advance notification of any special needs will help us serve you better.
Faculty and course are subject to change without notice.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by the ANCC or ACC of any commercial products displayed in conjunction with this activity.
The views expressed in this course are those of the individual speaker and do not necessarily reflect the views of the ACC.
Please review the Exhibitor Prospectus for additional information regarding exhibiting at the 2018 Cardiovascular Summit.
Keywords: Leadership, Delivery of Health Care