Thank you for visiting the ACC Journal Club!
NEW! Journal Club: Expert Faculty Discuss Influence of Sacubitril/Valsartan on 30-Day Readmission After HF Hospitalization (JACC)
The first six months of the 2015 Journal Club Activity are now available! Click the "Earn Credit" button to begin the activity.
Note: You are no longer required to complete all 10 activities in order to claim MOC Part II. Each monthly module in the activity is worth 2 AMA PRA Category 1 CME CreditsTM, 0.5 continuing education hours, and 2 MOC Part II points, which can be claimed at the completion of each module.
Continue to revisit this page and the Monthly Journal Club Discussions to access 2015 Journal Club webinars, articles, and more.
Monthly Journal Club Discussions
Our expert faculty will discuss a relatively new, significant article in the literature. Their discussion will be recorded and made available on this area of ACC.org. Access the Past Collection to read previous journal articles, videos, MP3 files, and discussions by clicking here >>>
The continual stream of published science coupled with emphasis on practice improvement requirements has created a need for consensus building conversations that can guide practical practice change delivered at the point-of-care. However, finding the time to critically appraise the evidence or consider the practice implications has led the ACC to seek solutions not only for their members but all cardiovascular providers.
With ACC’s new educational program, ACC Journal Club, you have the opportunity to join our expert faculty and participate in live discussions that focus on implications, controversies and strategies for implementation of new science into practice!
The aims of the ACC Journal Club Education Program are to:
- Provide a structured, personalized journal club program.
- Cultivate opportunities that offer:
- Utilization of critical appraisal skills.
- Contextualize research for individual applicability.
- Critique and conscience building for clinical relevance.
- Future directions of cardiovascular research.
- Increase member-value by utilizing eLearning technology both synchronously and asynchronously that connects providers to thought leaders cultivating a community of learning at no additional cost.