Hospitals Nationwide Begin Reporting PCI and ICD Measure Results
As of Nov. 3, data on several measures related to percutaneous coronary intervention and implantable cardioverter defibrillator procedures are publicly available for the first time. CathPCI Registry® hospitals and ICD Registry™ hospitals that volunteered to participate in the ACC’s public reporting program have their results posted on FindYourHeartaHome.org, powered by ACC’s CardioSmart program. By publicly reporting, hospitals demonstrate their dedication to quality improvement and transparency, and empower patients to make informed decisions about their cardiovascular care.
The following National Quality Forum-endorsed measures are currently being reported:
- ICD Registry
- Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitor/Angiotensin Receptor Blocker (ACE/ARB) Therapy at Discharge for ICD Implant Patients With Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction (LVSD)
- Beta Blocker at Discharge for ICD Implant Patients With a Previous Myocardial Infarction
- Beta Blocker at Discharge for ICD Implant Patients With LVSD
- Composite: Discharge Medications (ACE/ARB and beta blockers) in Eligible ICD Implant Patients
- CathPCI Registry
- Proportion of Patients With Aspirin Prescribed at Discharge
- Proportion of Patients With a P2Y12 Inhibitor Prescribed at Discharge (Patients With Stents)
- Proportion of Patients With a Statin Prescribed at Discharge
- Composite: Discharge Medications (Aspirin, P2Y12 inhibitor, and Statin) in Eligible PCI Patients
“Our hope is that by tracking and publicly reporting these measures we can raise awareness of variation where it exists and help to ensure consistent, evidence-based care is provided across the U.S.,” said ACC President Kim Allan Williams, Sr., MD, FACC. “The hospitals that voluntarily chose to participate in this public reporting effort are showing a true commitment to quality improvement and helping to ensure heart disease patients nationwide receive the best possible care.”
Hospitals can opt in to publicly report at any point by submitting a data consent form for the CathPCI Registry [PDF] and/or ICD Registry [PDF]. Hospitals that choose not to publicly report will be listed as “not participating” with ACC public reporting.
A Data Quality Checklist is now available to help NCDR hospitals ensure that all steps in their data management process produce complete, accurate, reliable and valid data. The checklist is accessible via the Quality Improvement for Institutions Clinical Toolkits page (select “Public Reporting Toolkit”). This tool is part of a new Public Reporting Toolkit designed to help NCDR hospitals improve on overall quality and performance for all registries, as well as publicly reported ICD Registry and CathPCI Registry metrics. Stay tuned for the release of CathPCI Registry and ICD Registry-specific data quality improvement tools.
Clinical Topics: Arrhythmias and Clinical EP, Invasive Cardiovascular Angiography and Intervention, Implantable Devices, SCD/Ventricular Arrhythmias, Atrial Fibrillation/Supraventricular Arrhythmias, Interventions and Imaging, Angiography, Nuclear Imaging
Keywords: Adrenergic beta-Antagonists, Angiotensin Receptor Antagonists, Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitors, Anniversaries and Special Events, Aspirin, Checklist, Defibrillators, Implantable, Myocardial Infarction, Percutaneous Coronary Intervention, Quality Improvement, Registries, Research Design, Stents, United States, Arrhythmias, Cardiac, Angiography
< Back to Listings