Top 10 ACC.org News Stories During 2015
The top accessed news story articles on ACC.org during 2015 included new guidelines for the management of supraventricular tachycardia (SVT); the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approvals of new heart failure (HF) drugs and cholesterol-lowering drugs; the final Physician Fee Schedule and the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System released by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services; and more.
In addition, earlier this year, ACC's 2015 Environmental Scanning Report noted that hot topics in 2015 included controversy surrounding changes to the American Board of Internal Medicine's Maintenance of Certification program; continued burden and costs associated with cardiovascular disease; declining cardiology reimbursement; the shift towards value-based payment; rapid adoption of information technology; significant changes in clinical risk assessment and cholesterol management; and changing workforce needs.
Here is a list of the top ACC.org news stories in 2015:
- ACC/AHA/HRS Guideline Addresses Management of SVT
- FDA Approves New HF Drug: Sacubitril/Valsartan
- Statement on the Treatment of HTN in Patients With CAD
- TAVR Found to Be Effective Alternative to SAVR in PARTNER 1 Trial
- Guidance Issued For Multivessel PCI, Thrombectomy in MI Patients
- CMS Releases Final 2016 Physician Fee Schedule and Hospital Outpatient Rules
- PINNACLE Registry Study Looks at Aspirin Use in Primary CVD Prevention
- FDA Approves First of Novel Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs: Alirocumab
- OSLER -1 and -2: PCSK9-Inhibitor Evolocumab Shown to Dramatically Lower LDL
- Does Sodium Intake Affect Mortality and CV Event Risk?
< Back to Listings