To apply for AACC, you must meet the following criteria;
- Hold a current state licensure
- Hold a nationally recognized Board certification**
- Spend the majority of your professional time on the field of cardiology
- Present two letters of recommendation
- Letters must be from current FACC or AACC members of the College
- Sponsors must be well-acquainted with the applicant’s current professional activities.
- Relatives may not sponsor applicants
- Letters must be original in content (no form letters)
- Be employed in a practice that is primarily cardiovascular focused—at least 75%
- Have been committed to CV practice for five years or more
**Note: The national board certifications for AACC designation were selected by the CCA Designation Working Group and approved by the ACC's CV Team Section Membership Committee. Selection of these national board certifications was based on the amount of cardiology-specific content on the board examination. Applicants that hold a national board certification that is not currently on the approved list are still invited to apply for the designation and will be approved for AACC by the CV Team Section Membership Committee, on a case by case basis.