- Career development opportunities including mentorship and opportunities to serve on Section Council and planned Training Administrators Working Group.
- Leadership and networking opportunities to involve them in ACC initiatives.
- Deeply discounted registration to attend professional meetings, including the Annual Scientific Session and discounts on educational products. Training administrators often manage their training program’s subscriptions to ACC educational products for their FITs.
- Cardiovascular medicine’s news and developments through ACC.org - the premier clinical resource in the field, the online version of the JACC Journals: JACC, JACC Interventions, JACC Imaging, JACC Heart Failure, Cardiology magazine, section publications, and a dedicated website. Training administrators often receive requests from training directors to print articles and other relevant information for FITs.
- ACC Cardiology Careers – The ACC’s premier, online career website in partnership with HealtheCareers, Cardiovascular Buyers Guide. Training administrators often post fellowship openings on the job board.
- Better understand CardioSource Plus, the institution-wide access product to guidelines, clinical collections/images, JACC journals’ content, and the array of College resources and engagementopportunities.
- Become more familiar with the ACC registries as part of the discipline’s quality initiatives and evidence- based clinical practice data warehouse.
- Participate in special interest sections aside from training, such as in interventional, imaging, pediatric/congenital heart disease and surgery, among others.
As a training program administrator, you’re charged with helping ensure the next generation of the cardiology workforce is well prepared for their future.
- Applicant must not be eligible for ACC membership in any of the existing categories. Category will be limited to training program coordinators, administrators and managers at general, pediatric, and surgery cardiology training programs, sub-specialty cardiology training programs (e.g. interventional, heart failure, imaging, EP), recognized nursing, physician assist and clinical pharmacy programs, and recognized cardiology training programs in countries outside the US and Canada.
- Administrators for nursing, physician assistant and clinical pharmacy shall be in programs accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE); or Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistants, Inc. (ARC-PA); or Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE).
- At least 75% of professional time spent in the role of training program administrator for a CV related training program.
- One letter of sponsorship from current member of the ACC.
- Provide the name of a current member of the ACC who is well acquainted with your current professional activities.
|Training Program Administrator Member||$100|
Applications are processed on a rolling basis! Apply at any time.
- Complete the online application in full
- Indicate a member sponsor. Your sponsor does not need to write a letter, but they should be a current member of the ACC.
- Submit your application with payment
Apply now for just $125!