Co-Chairs: Timothy Feltes, MD, FACC and Karen Stout, MD, FACC
The ACPC Education WG champions a number of ACC and Section activities to advocate for inclusion of the pediatric cardiology and adult congenital perspective.
Ongoing activities include:
- Enhanced pediatric and adult congenital heart disease programming at ACC’s Annual Scientific Session
- Providing educational resources and references to adult (non CHD) cardiologists caring for adults with congenital heart disease
- Championing the development of an ABIM ACHD sub specialty certification
- Registration to sit for the October 20, 2015 ACHD sub specialty certification closed June 1, 2015
- Developing related board prep activities for the ACHD sub specialty examination
- Launching in July, 2015 the ACC’s ACHD Sub Specialty Self Assessment Product! Sign up for the ACPC Section to learn more!
- Enhancing interactions between CHD cardiologists and surgeons at the Annual Scientific Sessions, and other venues
- Engaging Fellows in Training and Early Career members in contributing to key Section activities
Career and Mentoring Resources
At ACC.15, the ACPC Section hosted a Career and Mentoring Session for FIT and Early Career members interested in pediatric cardiology and adult congenital heart disease. The three presenting faculty members have generously made their presentations available.
Research track – how do grants and funding work? What is the role of your institution?
Jane Newburger, MD, FACC
ACC Mentoring Program
Interested in serving as a mentor for adult congenital and pediatric cardiology FIT or early career members? Or searching for a mentoring in congenital heart disease? Sign up for ACC’s online career and mentoring session at www.ACC.org/mentoring. The ACC Mentoring Program, a benefit of ACC membership, provides mentees with knowledgeable mentors based on their interest areas or career and professional development needs. The ACC’s online mentoring portal, powered by the HEALTHeCAREERS Network, connects cardiovascular practitioners, researchers and faculty members so they can form relationships that will enhance their skillset and promote intellectual growth.
ACC Research and Career Development Awards
ACC annually seeks applications for Research and Young Investigator Awards. Visit the Research and Career Development Awards section.
The ACC has developed a directory of US training programs recognized for training ACHD fellows in long term management and clinical care, of adults with simple, moderate and complex congenital heart disease. The directory is updated each year in the spring and summer.
Interested in joining the ACPC Education WG? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org