It is with great pleasure I welcome you to the ACC.org/FIT webpage, the professional home for the next generation of cardiologists. The Fellows-in-Training (FIT) Section Council Leadership is excited to share with you our wide array of resources tailored to furthering your professional career. Whether your ultimate career goals rest in clinical medicine, academia, research, education, leadership, or industry, we are confident our growing repository of online content and opportunities within our Section (and the greater College) will resonate with your interests.
The 2015-2016 year saw tremendous growth for the FIT Section. Some of the many highlights include:
- Six FIT Forum Sessions at the ACC.16 Scientific Sessions (Acing the Transition, Careers in Cardiology, Jeopardy, Mix and Mingle, Scholarship and Education)
- FIT Lounge at ACC.16 with exciting programming including sessions with Drs. Valentine Fuster, Kim Williams, Richard Chazal)
- Webinars on Career and Professional Development (Advocacy, Compensation, Contract Negotiations, Malpractice, Transition to Value Based Care)
- ACC.org/FIT Webpage Editorial Fellows Program (content produced on a variety of topics ranging from career development, advocacy, and educational topics)
- FIT Newsletter (monthly) with State/Chapter Spotlights and interviews with prominent cardiologists
- Social Media Initiatives (producing Tweets for Journal Scan)
In the coming year, we hope to build upon our successes and continue to expand the reach of the FIT Section. As always, we are always looking for eager FITs to share with us their passion for cardiology; there are a number of opportunities for your contributions - please contact us at email@example.com to get involved!
Akhil Narang, MD
Chair, Fellow-in-Training Section Leadership Council