Thoracic and vascular surgeon trainees from accredited Thoracic Surgery or Surgery training programs are invited to enroll in the American College of Cardiology (ACC) Fellows in Training (FIT) membership. Joining the ACC as a FIT member will give you the unique opportunity to network, collaborate, educate, and learn with cardiology colleagues.
ACC holds the perspectives of surgeons in highest regard and understands their unparalleled position within the cardiac team and continuum of care. We hope that you will take advantage of this offer to connect surgery and cardiology trainees as the next generation’s leaders in cardiovascular care. Visit www.acc.org/fit to view current ACC FIT activities.
ACC FIT Membership Benefits
The complimentary membership available to Fellows in Training provides:
- Free membership in ACC Chapters, Councils, Committees, and Sections including ACC’s Surgeons’ Section and many others.
- Invitation to participate in ACC FIT activities, including ACC FITs on the Go
- Free print and online subscriptions to Journal of the American College of Cardiology (JACC), JACC: Imaging, JACC: Interventions, and JACC: Heart Failure
- Opportunities to submit to the JACC FIT and Early Career Page (online and print).
- Opportunities for participation in national, regional and state-based surgery – cardiology collaborations.
- Eligibility for ACC FIT travel awards, including ACC Scientific Sessions and ACC Legislative Conference.
- Access to ACC.org Cardiac Surgery clinical topic collection as well as opportunities to contribute case studies, case reviews and articles.
- Access to ACC’s FIT listserve and a dedicated surgeon trainee listserve.
Directions for Enrolling in ACC’s FIT Membership
- Interested surgeon residents may apply for ACC’s FIT membership through this link.
Please note, training program directors will be asked to verify all trainee applicants are in good standing. All survey fields must be completed for consideration.
- If several trainees are interested in enrolling in ACC’s FIT membership, Training Directors may complete the enrollment form or access the ACC.org Training Director portal at www.acc.org. Directions to access the training director portal are available.
We look forward to your participation. Please email email@example.com with any question.