The ACC Informatics and Health IT Task Force is responsible for facilitating, promoting, and accelerating the transformation of quality cardiovascular care through the use of health IT. Task force members are charged with:
- Advocate and coordinate both internal work and external efforts to achieve cardiovascular data interoperability
- Encourage electronic health record (EHR)/health IT adoption through the provision of member educational resources, advocacy efforts, and direct collaboration with health IT vendors to improve their systems.
- Oversee and coordinate EHR vendor engagement for the ACC
- Develop tools and strategies to improve the operational efficiencies and effectiveness of ACC registries, clinical decision support tools, and governmental reporting for quality improvement
- Provide leadership and outreach to internal and external organizations related to informatics and health IT.
How to Join the Informatics and Health IT Taskforce
All potential task force members must go through the ACC’s nomination process and have a recommendation from the task force chair. The nomination process starts in September and nominations are conferred in November. For more information, contact Committees@acc.org.
Current Task Force Members:
H. Vernon Anderson, MD, FACC
Amy Leigh Miller, MD, PhD, FACC