Group Practice: A single Tax Identification Number (TIN) with two or more eligible professionals, as identified by their individual National Provider Identifier, who have reassigned their Medicare billing rights to the TIN. ACC cannot nominate practices for Group Practice Reporting Option (GPRO). Once your practice has registered for GRPO you will not be able to report individual clinical level measures for PQRS. ACC cannot nominate practices for Group Practice Reporting Option (GPRO). Once your practice has registered for GRPO you will not be able to report individual clinical level measures for PQRS. Find more information about the group practice reporting option.
Note: Successful group participation in 2016 means:
- Reporting requirements are met through the Group Practice reporting Option (GPRO) OR
- At least 50 percent of eligible professionals in practice meet satisfactory reporting requirements for reporting as an individual
- Groups of 100+ eligible professionals are required to report all Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems for PQRS (CAHPS) survey measures via a CMS-certified survey vendor. CAHPS for PQRS is optional for groups of 2-99 eligible professionals that register for PQRS by June 30, 2016.
- Choose your reporting method appropriate to your group size:
- Qualified PQRS Registry (Table 9)
- Qualified PQRS Registry + CMS-certified survey vendor (Table 10)
- Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR) (Table 11)
- Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR) + CMS-certified vendor (Table 12)
- EHR (Table 13)
- EHR + CMS-certified survey vendor (Table 14)
- GPRO Web Interface (Table 15)
- GPRO Web Interface + CMS-certified survey vendor (Table 16)
- Register for PQRS Group Practice Reporting Option (GPRO):
- The Registration System may be accessed here using an EIDM account with the correct role. One person from the group must first sign up for an EIDM account with the Security Official role. The QualityNet Help Desk may be contacted to see if there is already someone registered in the group. The IACS system was retired in 2015 and the PQRS Portal transitioned to the Enterprise Identity Management (EIDM) system. Data and accounts for existing IACS users have been automatically transitioned to the EIDM system; however, users were notified to activate their new account.
- The registration deadline for a "group" or "group practice" (a single Medicare billing TIN with 2 or more eligible professionals) for 2016 was June 30, 2016.
- Groups can participate via Qualified PQRS Registry, EHR, QCDR, Web Interface (groups of 25 or more only), or CAHPS for PQRS Survey via certified vendor.
- Through the IACS/EIDM account, a group's authorized representative can:
- Select the group practice reporting option
- Select or change the group's reporting mechanism:
- Qualified PQRS Registry
- EHR via Direct EHR using CEHRT
- EHR using CEHRT via Data Submission vendor
- CMS web-interface GPRO (for groups with 25 or more eligible professionals only)
- Elect to supplement its PQRS reporting mechanism with the CAHPS (for groups with 2-99 EPs)
- Note: In 2016, the CAHPS for PQRS survey is required for groups with 100 or more eligible professionals
CMS GPRO WEB-INTERFACE MEASURES
- Each group practice participating in the 2016 PQRS Web Interface GPRO reporting method will be required to report 18 web interface measures; that will total 22 individual measures when accounting for the two composite measures. (see Table 17 for required measures)
- Reporting via Web Interface includes completion of a pre-filled sample of 248 beneficiaries, or if there are less than 248 eligible beneficiaries available, 100 percent of assigned beneficiaries.