The Heart House Roundtables address high-value topics by convening multidisciplinary experts and stakeholders in interactive and facilitated in-depth discussions. They explore the practical issues that clinicians and patients face every day within a particular clinical area and are designed to not only identify and clarify the issues, but also allow participants the opportunity to brainstorm possible solutions to address them.
Attracting nationally recognized experts representing a wide variety of professional societies and other key stakeholders (e.g. patients, federal agencies, health plans and integrated health systems), these meetings have been instrumental in informing the development of ACC expert consensus decision pathways and other exciting new tools and resources.
- Anticoagulation Consortium Roundtables: The goal of these meetings is to identify barriers and gaps in anticoagulation management and strategize practical guidance and solutions to improve anticoagulation care. For more information, visit ACC.org/Anticoagulation.
- Managing CV Disease Risk in Diabetes Roundtable: This meeting addressed the key questions and issues regarding the management of CV risk in patients with diabetes. For more information, visit ACC.org/CVDRiskDiabetes.
- LDL: Address the Risk Think Tanks: These meetings focus on closing gaps in lipid management with an emphasis on emerging evidence and incorporation in practice. For more information, visit ACC.org/LDL.
- Emerging Strategies for Heart Failure Roundtable: This meeting explored the practical issues of optimizing heart failure drug therapies with new evidence and guidelines, and the challenges that remain with prevention of progression and management of comorbidities. For more information, visit ACC.org/SIMHF.
- Evolving Valve Management Strategies Roundtables: These meetings focused on a variety of topics related to improving outcomes in valvular care. Areas of focus ncluded common challenges with identifying, managing, and treating aortic stenosis and mitral regurgitation as well as the challenging issue of defining an advanced valve center with the quickly changing landscape and expansion of transcatheter valve therapies. For more information, visit ACC.org/VHD.
- Effective Prior Authorization: Right Drug, Right Patient For CV Treatment: This meeting explored key issues of prior authorization barriers when prescribing cardiovascular medication and developing practical strategies and solutions to accelerate change. Attendees developed many insightful, practical and creative ideas for improving the current process and its administrative burdens and clinical inefficiencies. As part of the ACC Systems of Care efforts, the topics and themes discussed will inform the development of resources and tools to support effective prior authorization of CV drugs.
The ACC would like to thank the supporters of these roundtables for their contribution to the success of these meetings:
- Anticoagulation Consortium Roundtables: Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Bristol-Myers Squibb Company and Pfizer Inc.; Daiichi Sankyo, Inc.; Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Pfizer; and Portola Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Managing CV Disease Risk in Diabetes Roundtable: AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP; Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Eli Lilly and Company; Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Novo Nordisk Inc.
- LDL: Address the Risk Think Tanks: Amgen; CVS Health, Eli Lilly, Pfizer; Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; and Sanofi.
- Emerging Strategies for Heart Failure Roundtable: Novartis
- Evolving Valve Management Strategies Roundtables: Abbott; Edwards Lifesciences; and Medtronic.
- Effective Prior Authorization: Right Drug, Right Patient for CV Treatment: Amgen; Bristol-Myers Squibb Company and Pfizer Inc.; Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Sanofi and Regeneron.