Simon Dack Award Recognizes Outstanding Reviewers, Elite Reviewers
Contact: Sam Roth, firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-375-6582
WASHINGTON (Mar 30, 2020) -
The American College of Cardiology is recognizing six peer reviewers for the Journal of the American College of Cardiology with the 2020 Simon Dack Award for Outstanding Scholarship and 10 peer reviewers as Elite Reviewers.
Named for the founding editor of JACC, the Simon Dack Award both honors Dack and recognizes the contributions and accomplishments of outstanding peer reviewers who assist the journal in its mission of publishing important new clinical information. This year’s recipients are:
- Robert Rosenson, MD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York
- Stephan Windecker, MD, University Hospital Bern, Bern, Switzerland
- Mario F.L. Gaudino, MD, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York Presbyterian Hospital New York
- Gennaro Sardella, MD, Policlinico Umberto I, Rome, Italy
- Dominick Angiolillo, MD, PhD, University of Florida College of Medicine-Jacksonville, Jacksonville, Florida
Elite Reviewers are individuals who have contributed high-quality critiques to the journal. This year’s Elite Reviewers are:
- Fernando Alfonso, MD, PhD, H Universitario La Princesa, Madrid, Spain
- Erwan Donal, MD, PhD, University Hospital Pontchaillou, Rennes, France
- Vera Bittner, MD, University of Alabama Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama
- Neil J. Stone, MD, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois
- William Whang, MD, Ichan School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York
- Brian Olshansky, MD, University of Iowa Hospitals, Iowa City, Iowa
- William F. Fearon, MD, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, California
- Aditi Naniwadekar, MD, East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina
- Kelley P. Anderson, MD, Marshfield Clinic, Marshfield, Wisconsin
- Hector O. Ventura, MD, Ochsner Medical Institute, New Orleans, Louisiana
ACC.20/WCC will take place March 28-30, bringing together cardiologists and cardiovascular specialists from around the world to share the newest discoveries in treatment and prevention. Follow @ACCinTouch, @ACCMediaCenter and #ACC20/#WCCardio for the latest news from the meeting.
The American College of Cardiology envisions a world where innovation and knowledge optimize cardiovascular care and outcomes. As the professional home for the entire cardiovascular care team, the mission of the College and its 54,000 members is to transform cardiovascular care and to improve heart health. The ACC bestows credentials upon cardiovascular professionals who meet stringent qualifications and leads in the formation of health policy, standards and guidelines. The College also provides professional medical education, disseminates cardiovascular research through its world-renowned JACC Journals, operates national registries to measure and improve care, and offers cardiovascular accreditation to hospitals and institutions. For more, visit acc.org.
The Journal of the American College of Cardiology ranks among the top cardiovascular journals in the world for its scientific impact. JACC is the flagship for a family of journals—JACC: Cardiovascular Interventions, JACC: Cardiovascular Imaging, JACC: Heart Failure, JACC: Clinical Electrophysiology, JACC: Basic to Translational Science, JACC: Case Reports and JACC: CardioOncology—that prides themselves in publishing the top peer-reviewed research on all aspects of cardiovascular disease. Learn more at JACC.org.