American College of Cardiology Leaders to Present at Asian Cardiovascular Conference
ACC and JACC leaders will speak on the global burden of cardiovascular disease, innovation in health care, cardio-obstetrics and more
Contact: Sam Roth, email@example.com,
WASHINGTON (Oct 25, 2021) -
The Journal of the American College of Cardiology and JACC: Asia leaders will host three sessions during the Great Wall International Conference of Cardiology 2021 and Asian Heart Society Conference 2021, occurring both in-person and virtually Oct. 27-31, 2021 in Beijing. As part of the American College of Cardiology’s efforts to enhance international outreach and address cardiovascular care worldwide, members of the ACC presidential team will also present on stable ischemic heart disease, cardio-obstetrics, digital transformation and more.
JACC leaders, including JACC Editor-in-Chief Valentin Fuster, MD, PhD, MACC, and many of the JACC sister publication editors, will present during the following three sessions:
- JACC Global Burden of Cardiovascular Disease: The Changing Dynamics of CVD – Wednesday, October 27 at 10:30 p.m. ET
- JACC Journal Editors: What is the Future of Cardiovascular Medicine and Research? – Friday, October 29 at 7:00 a.m. ET
- JACC: Asia: From Vision to Executing on Quality – Saturday, October 30 at 8:30 p.m. ET
Along with Fuster, ACC President Dipti Itchhaporia, MD, FACC, will present an opening address at the start of the conference, addressing innovation in cardiovascular care, reducing global burden of cardiovascular disease, optimizing clinical guidelines in care and raising awareness of preventative medicine.
In addition, members of the ACC presidential team will be speaking at the following three sessions:
- Update on Management of Stable Ischemic Heart Disease – Wednesday, October 27 at 8:30 p.m. ET, presented by ACC Vice President Edward Fry, MD, FACC
- Pregnancy and Heart Disease – Thursday, October 28 at 8:30 p.m. ET, presented by ACC Immediate-Past President Athena Poppas, MD, MACC
- Digital Health in a COVID World – Saturday, October 30 at 8:30 p.m. ET, presented by ACC President Dipti Itchhaporia, MD, FACC
For more information about any of the sessions listed or to speak with a member of ACC leadership, please email Sam Roth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The American College of Cardiology envisions a world where innovation and knowledge optimize cardiovascular care and outcomes. As the professional home for the entire cardiovascular care team, the mission of the College and its 54,000 members is to transform cardiovascular care and to improve heart health. The ACC bestows credentials upon cardiovascular professionals who meet stringent qualifications and leads in the formation of health policy, standards and guidelines. The College also provides professional medical education, disseminates cardiovascular research through its world-renowned JACC Journals, operates national registries to measure and improve care, and offers cardiovascular accreditation to hospitals and institutions. For more, visit acc.org.