JACC Awards Recognize Simon Dack Outstanding Reviewers, Elite Reviewers
Contact: Abby Cosenza, email@example.com,
WASHINGTON (Apr 02, 2022) -
The American College of Cardiology is recognizing five peer reviewers for the Journal of the American College of Cardiology with the 2022 Simon Dack Award for Outstanding Scholarship and 10 peer reviewers as Elite Reviewers.
Named for the founding editor of JACC, the Simon Dack Award both honors Dack and recognizes the contributions and accomplishments of outstanding peer reviewers who assist the journal in its mission of publishing important new clinical information. This year’s recipients are:
- Carl Edward Orringer, MD, U of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL
- Robert Rosenson, MD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY
- Gilbert H Tang, MD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY
- Tirone E. David, MD, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- C Noel Bairey Merz, MD, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
Elite Reviewers are individuals who have contributed high-quality critiques to the journal. This year’s Elite Reviewers are:
- William Whang, MD, IN Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY
- Vera Bittner, MD, University of Alabama Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
- Michael Shapiro, DO, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC
- Kelley P. Anderson, MD, Marshfield Clinic, Marshfield, WI
- George P. Bayliss, MD, Rhode Island Hospital and Alpert Medical School, Brown University, Providence, RI
- Liam R. Brunham, MD, PhD, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- John R. Burnett MD, PhD, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Australia
- William F. Fearon, MD, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA
- Steven Nissen, MD, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH
- Michael J. Reardon, MD, Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
ACC.22 will take place April 2-4, at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, bringing together cardiologists and cardiovascular specialists from around the world to share the newest discoveries in treatment and prevention. Follow @ACCinTouch, @ACCMediaCenter and #ACC22 for the latest news from the meeting.
The American College of Cardiology envisions a world where innovation and knowledge optimize cardiovascular care and outcomes. As the professional home for the entire cardiovascular care team, the mission of the College and its 54,000 members is to transform cardiovascular care and to improve heart health. The ACC bestows credentials upon cardiovascular professionals who meet stringent qualifications and leads in the formation of health policy, standards and guidelines. The College also provides professional medical education, disseminates cardiovascular research through its world-renowned JACC Journals, operates national registries to measure and improve care, and offers cardiovascular accreditation to hospitals and institutions. For more, visit ACC.org.
The Journal of the American College of Cardiology ranks among the top cardiovascular journals in the world for its scientific impact. JACC is the flagship for a family of journals—JACC: Cardiovascular Interventions, JACC: Cardiovascular Imaging, JACC: Heart Failure, JACC: Clinical Electrophysiology, JACC: Basic to Translational Science, JACC: Case Reports, JACC: CardioOncology and JACC: Asia—that prides themselves in publishing the top peer-reviewed research on all aspects of cardiovascular disease. Learn more at JACC.org.