Respect and civil behavior are critical to the health and future of the cardiovascular workforce, and essential for the ACC to achieve its mission to "transform cardiovascular care and improve heart health." Focusing on all aspects of the cardiovascular enterprise—clinical, educational, and research—and on all team members, this 2022 ACC Health Policy Statement on Building Respect, Civility, and Inclusion in the Cardiovascular Workplace elucidates a set of principles for the augmentation of respect, civility, and inclusion, and minimization of bias, discrimination, bullying, and harassment.
- Case Studies and Discussion Guide Slides
- Potential Strategies for Those Who Witness or Experience Uncivil Behavior
- Sample Anti-Harassment and Bullying Institutional Policies
- How To Be An Ally & Upstander
- Bias Interrupters
- Responding to Microaggressions in the Classroom
- Webinar: Building Civility, Respect, and Inclusion in the Cardiology Workforce: Individual and Institutional Strategies