The ICD/CRT Appropriate Use Criteria App provides decision and documentation support for clinicians assessing the suitability of ICD implantation and CRT. After selecting ICD or CRT as the intended therapy, clinicians will enter a patient’s LVEF and NYHA class to:
- Obtain an appropriate use rating for ICD/CRT according to the ACC/HRS/AHA et al. 2013 Appropriate Use Criteria for ICD and CRT
- View the likelihood of CMS coverage for the patient receiving an ICD based on the 2005 CMS Coverage Determination criteria
- Produce a summary of patient inputs and advice for email.
The App provides appropriate use advice for patient scenarios specifically covered in the ACC/HRS/AHA et al. 2013 Appropriate Use Criteria for ICD and CRT document. Information in the App is intended to support clinical decision making and does not represent the only or the best course of care, or replace clinical judgment. Therapeutic options should be determined after discussion between the patient and their care provider. The CMS ICD Coverage Decision included in this Application is for informational purposes only. User must contact CMS for appropriate qualifications.
We want to hear from you!
Help the ACC find new and better ways to deliver guideline content to clinicians. Share your feedback:
- Click here to complete a feedback survey
- Leave comments on the App’s iTunes or Google Play page.
Learn more about the App by reviewing a list of frequently asked questions >>>