The ACC Statin Intolerance App guides clinicians through the process of managing and treating patients who report muscle symptoms while on statin therapy. Clinicians can use the app to:
- Answer questions to evaluate possible intolerance to a patient's current statin prescription.
- Follow steps to manage and treat a patient who reports muscle symptoms on a statin.
- Compare statin characteristics and drug interactions to inform management of LDL-related risk.
"Named one of the best apps for 2015 by iMedicalApps."
This app is available for free in the iTunes and Google Play app stores. Use the links below to download the app today.
The information and recommendations in this app are derived from the 2013 ACC/AHA Guideline on the Treatment of Blood Cholesterol to Reduce Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Risk in Adults, and the prescribing information for each statin. It was developed as part of the American College of Cardiology "LDL: Address the Risk" Initiative and further refined and vetted by physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, pharmacists and other relevant specialties; and through user testing in care settings with patients.
We want to hear from you!
Help the ACC find new and better ways to deliver guideline content to clinicians. Share your feedback:
- Complete a feedback survey
- Leave comments on the App’s iTunes or Google Play page
Learn more about the App by reviewing a list of frequently asked questions.
This app was developed as part of the ACC’s LDL: Address the Risk Initiative. Financial support for the LDL: Address the Risk Initiative was provided by Amgen Inc. All of the content was independently developed with no sponsor involvement.