Not-to-Miss FIT Events at ACC.19
With ACC.19 quickly approaching, I wanted to give you all a snapshot of the sessions that might appeal to FITs. Read on for some of the top highlights, and organize your schedule with the ACC.19 Online Program Planner or ACC.19 App.
Our most popular sessions are back again this year. Come and cheer your state chapter at the FIT Jeopardy: Battle of the State Chapters competition and our international FITs at the International FIT Jeopardy. The FIT Mix and Mingle and Stump the Professor sessions are also sure to be packed again this year, so plan accordingly!
Once more, the FIT Lounge is your home for the conference. Join us for a number of interactive sessions throughout the weekend including:
- Surviving Your First Medical Conference Saturday, March 16 at 9:30 a.m. CT: Whether this is your first conference or you're a seasoned pro, join us in the FIT lounge to strategize on maximizing your experience.
- Preventative Section Session Saturday, March 16 at 1 p.m. CT: Are the new cholesterol guidelines confusing you? Are you interested in preventative cardiology and want to exchange ideas? Then don't miss this FIT-centered session.
- How to Approach Research in Training Sunday, March 17 at 3:30 p.m. CT
- Meet and Greet With ACC Leadership Sunday, March 17 at 12:30 p.m. CT: ACC President C. Michael Valentine, MD, FACC; President-Elect Richard J. Kovacs, MD, FACC; and Vice President-Elect Athena Poppas, MD, FACC, will visit the FIT Lounge to share their experiences and pearls for leadership success.
- Medical Resident Breakfast Monday, March 18 at 8 a.m. CT: Share your experience with future cardiology applicants and help them learn to successfully transition into cardiology. What would you have done differently in retrospect? What made you choose your current fellowship program?
Not-to-miss sessions elsewhere in the convention center include:
- Innovation Bootcamp: Training Fellows, Cardiology Educators and Shaping Innovators Saturday, March 16 at 12:15 p.m. CT, room 243:
In the era of advanced health care analytics, digital health and virtual medicine, how can we tailor training programs and our own clinical practices to more innovative educational platforms that are personalized to each learner and utilize rapidly developing technological advances?
- The Diversity and Inclusion in Cardiology session, taking place at the Heart-to-Heart stage on Saturday, March 16 at 3:30 p.m. CT, is sure to stimulate some heated discussion. We also expect to see all of our #ACCFIT "tweeters" for the Social Media For Today's Cardiologist: A Necessary Professional Pathway or a Potentially Dangerous Fad For Cardiovascular Science session on Sunday, March 17 at 12 p.m. CT.
- Acing the Transition: What FITs Need to Know to Launch a Healthy, Successful Career Monday, March 18 at 8 a.m. CT, room 238:
This session will address key elements of the job search strategy including interviewing, negotiation, selecting the right position and strategies for starting a career with a healthy work-life balance.
We look forward to seeing you at ACC.19! There is still time to get involved. To find out how, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article was authored by Sena Kilic, MD, editor-in-chief of the ACC On-Call For FITs Newsletter.