Mid-career cardiovascular physician women are invited to empower the next phase of their professional lives with The Sandra J. Lewis Mid-Career Women's Leadership Institute.
Apply NOW to participate in the second cohort of this unique two-year leadership development program designed specifically to support and guide mid-career CV physician women.
Cohort participants will connect with mentors, learn more about themselves as professionals and leaders, take the opportunity to re-assess their career paths and so much more.
The inaugural cohort launched in January 2022. Click here for a complete list of participants.
Course Overview/Statement of Need
For many mid-career women, this professional stage serves as an opportunity to re-assess, re-imagine and re-invent their professional lives. While the mid-career leadership journey may serve as a professional renaissance for many, it is also a stage that requires unique guidance and targeted leadership development to successfully transition forward. Thus, The Sandra J. Lewis Mid-Career Women's Leadership Institute is designed to provide mid-career women cardiovascular physicians with the essential skills, tools and dedicated support to flourish during this distinct and exciting phase of the career journey.
The programmatic framework addresses:
- Who am I now? Are my personal mission, vision and values in concert with my professional life? Personal life?
- Where am I going? Is my future path clear? What might a pivot look like, and how do I lead through this effort?
- Do I have support? Is my current network reflective of my ideal future? Do I have active sponsorship aligned with my vision and values?
- How does ACC support my goals? Am I setup to lead within the College? Am I channeling my energy to meaningful roles and/or needs? Do I have the influence and self-awareness to grow in area(s) of interest at this stage of my professional life?
Cohort II will launch in January 2024 and conclude in December 2025.
Each appointee is expected to participate in a mix of virtual learning sessions and in-person learning sessions (approximately 3 in-person per year) over a two-year period.
Appointees will participate in individual assessments, group activities, mentoring and individual coaching.
The cost for participation is $1,000.
Interested individuals must meet the below criteria to apply for the program. Applicants must be:
- A Fellow of the American College of Cardiology (FACC)
- Defined as mid-career, between 12-21 years post cardiovascular fellowship
- Able to meet the time commitment for in-person and virtual learning sessions
- 2024 In-person session dates:
- April 5, 2024 in Atlanta, GA
- June 22-23, 2024 in Washington, DC
- Sept. 28, 2024 in Washington, DC
- Submission of ACC's online application with emphasis on your leadership journey and career goals, your personal "story".
- Submit a completed application, curriculum vitae and statement(s) of support as outlined in the application instructions.
Applications for the Sandra J. Lewis Mid-Career Women's Leadership Institute are due by September 6, 2023.
An ACC member-led committee will review applications and select participants for Cohort II based on the parameters listed under "Eligibility Criteria." Applicants and appointees will be notified of their selection status by Nov. 15, 2023.
To apply you must:
- Submit a completed online application including a statement of interest that emphasizes your "story," your professional journey and why you're interested in participating in the program.
- Submit your curriculum vitae (CV)
- Submit up to three (3) statements of support. Only one (1) statement of support is required, but you may submit up to there (3). The statement(s) should come from a friend, family member, colleague, mentor, etc. who has observed your career progression. Those submitting statement(s) on your behalf may email them directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or, you may upload them to your online application.
For questions and inquires, please email email@example.com.