Welcome to the ACC FIT MRWG Education & Research Subgroup!
The aim of our subgroup is to:
- Provide residents streamlined access to educational content from ACC tailored towards the aspiring FIT.
- Guide residents through the research process on:
- How to develop research proposals.
- How to approach faculty to help foster a research mentorship.
- Tools to help consolidate and prepare your research to be presented.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our subgroup committee members!
Meet the ACC's Education & Research Subgroup
Residency: The Ohio State Wexner Medical Center
Residency: Massachusetts General Hospital
Residency: University of Louisville School of Medicine
Residency: St. Mary's Hospital
Residency: University of Massachusetts
Residency: Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak
Residency: Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Jacobi Medical Center, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Residency: Emory University
Residency: Lewis Gale Medical Center
Fellowship: Main Line Health-Lankenau Medical Center
Residency: University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
How to Identify a Research Topic
Identify an Area of Interest in Cardiology
Explore "Hot Topics" in a Field of Interest
The best way to find these topics is through reading journals such as:
Most of the time, these journals are free to access online through your institution.
JACC Journals provides free access to resident members! Make sure you're logged in and just click the figure for access!
Complete a Literature Review
Once you have found an area of interest and have found a trending topic that interests you, the next step is to find related literature from before in order to narrow down to a specific question.
Using PubMed search for keywords related to your topic. Most importantly, due to the rapidly expanding field of cardiology research, try to find trial(s) that have looked at something similar.
Formulate Your Clinical Question into a PICO Format
Begin drafting your protocol with the support of your faculty/fellow mentor!
Join ACC and get connected with other members by getting involved in the Member Hub.
- Current Cardiovascular Guidelines
- 2020 Landmark Trials in Cardiology
- EKG of the Month
- Article of the Month
- Education Announcements
- Identifying a Research Topic
- Finding a Research Mentor
- Template for Presenting Case Report
- Template for Presenting Research Study
- Grant Research & Manuscript Submission
- Writing a Clinical Case
- Research Announcements