Thank you for your interest in the ACC African American/Black Internal Medicine Cardiology Program.
A complete application requires the following items:
- Submission of a completed online application (questions below)
- A 250-500 word personal statement
The statement should address perceived benefit from attending the program, and potential to alter the applicant's career trajectory. Please include any other relevant information, such as your interest in Cardiology Fellowship and cardiovascular health.
- Your current curriculum vitae
- One letter of reference supporting candidates' interest in cardiology
- One letter of confirmation of good standing in residency program (signed by Residency Director Office)
Please send the above documents to IMprogram@acc.org with the term IM Program Application in the subject line by August 20, 2021
Please submit your completed online application by August 20, 2021.
Only completed applications received by August 20, 2021 will be considered.
As a reminder the eligibility criteria are below:
Eligibility Qualifications: ACC members meeting the following qualifications are invited to apply for the session African American/Black Internal Medicine Cardiology Program.
- Identify as African American/Black
- Internal medicine intern or resident
- Completed IM Residency and pursing formal Cardiology fellowship training
- Available to participate in program a minimum of 1 year:
- Available to attend virtual meeting October 16th, 2021
- Available to attend 1 hour group conferences bi-monthly (approximately 6x per year) to promote education, peer mentorship and professional growth
- Willingness to participate in program requirements:
- share contact information with program participants and ACC Staff
- participate in surveys, program evaluation and feedback
- share demographic information as appropriate
- Must be a member of ACC or become an ACC member upon acceptance to the program (membership is FREE, link to become a member)
Please send any questions about the application process to IMprogram@acc.org.