ACC members meeting the following qualifications are invited to apply for the 2023 Cohort, LGBTQ+ Internal Medicine Cardiology Program.
- Identify as a member of the LGBTQ+ community
- Be enrolled as an internal medicine intern or resident
- Have completed internal medicine residency and pursing formal cardiology fellowship training
- Available to participate in program a minimum of one year:
- Available to attend virtual meeting January/February 2023
- Available to attend one-hour group conferences bi-monthly (approximately six times each year) to promote education, peer mentorship and professional growth
- Willingness to participate in program requirements:
- Share contact information with program participants and ACC staff
- Participate in surveys, program evaluation and feedback
- Share demographic information as appropriate
- Must be a member of ACC or become an ACC member upon acceptance to the program (free membership included if not already a member)
- Willing to work with an assigned mentor throughout the duration of the program (who may or may not be from the specialty or subspecialty that you desire)
Please send any questions about the application process to IMprogram@acc.org.
- Submission of a completed online application (questions below)
- A 250–500-word personal statement
The statement should address perceived benefit from attending the program, and potential to alter the applicant's career trajectory. Please include any other relevant information, such as your interest in cardiology Fellowship and cardiovascular health.
- Your current curriculum vitae
- One letter of reference supporting candidates' interest in cardiology
- One letter of confirmation of good standing in residency program (signed by residency director office)
- Be a member OR become a member of the American College of Cardiology upon acceptance to the program (membership is free).
Please upload all supplemental documents (personal statement, curriculum vitae, supporting letter and signed confirmation of good standing) within the application platform.
Submit your completed online application by December 16, 2022.
Only completed applications received by December 16, 2022, will be considered.
Application Due December 16, 2022.
ACC LGBTQ+ Internal Medicine Cardiology Program
Applications are now open for the ACC LGBTQ+ Internal Medicine Cardiology Program (Due Dec. 16 by midnight ET).
Applicants will be selected based on:
- Personal statement describing experience and pathway into medicine, how the program can advance goals and why a career in cardiology is of interest
- Letter of support from supervisor (department chair, division chief, dean, mentor)
- Preference will be given to qualified individuals that are historically underrepresented in cardiology
Find information on program format, objectives, statement of need and more.