ACC members meeting the following qualifications are invited to apply for the session ACC Women's Internal Medicine Cardiology Program.
- Identify as a woman
- Be enrolled as an internal medicine intern or resident
- Have completed internal medicine residency and pursing formal cardiology fellowship training
- Available to participate in program a minimum of one year:
- Available to attend virtual meeting Saturday, March 5th, 2022
- Available to attend one-hour group conferences bi-monthly (approximately six times each year) to promote education, peer mentorship and professional growth
- Willingness to participate in program requirements:
- Share contact information with program participants and ACC staff
- Participate in surveys, program evaluation and feedback
- Share demographic information as appropriate
- Must be a member of ACC or become an ACC member upon acceptance to the program
Please send any questions about the application process to IMprogram@acc.org.
- Submission of a completed online application (questions below)
- A 250-500 word personal statement
The statement should address perceived benefit from attending the program, and potential to alter the applicant's career trajectory. Please include any other relevant information, such as your interest in cardiology Fellowship and cardiovascular health.
- Your current curriculum vitae
- One letter of reference supporting candidates' interest in cardiology
- One letter of confirmation of good standing in residency program (signed by residency director office)
- Be a member OR become a member of the American College of Cardiology upon acceptance to the program (membership is free).
Send personal statement, curriculum vitae, supporting letter and signed confirmation of good standing to IMprogram@acc.org with the term IM Program Application in the subject line by January 10, 2022.
Submit your completed online application by January 10, 2022.
Only completed applications received by January 10, 2022 will be considered.
Application Due Jan. 10, 2022.
ACC Women's Internal Medicine Cardiology Program
Applications are now open for the ACC Women's Internal Medicine Cardiology Program (Due Jan. 10 by midnight ET).
Applicants will be selected based on:
- Personal statement describing experience and pathway into medicine, how the program can advance goals and why a career in cardiology is of interest
- Letter of support from supervisor (department chair, division chief, dean, mentor)
- Preference will be given to qualified individuals that are historically underrepresented in cardiology
Find information on program format, objectives, statement of need and more.
Apply For the ACC Women's Internal Medicine Cardiology Program