Contact: Sam Roth, email@example.com, 202-375-6582
WASHINGTON (Jul 28, 2020) -
With the goal of better connecting patients with their clinicians to prevent or treat heart disease, the American College of Cardiology has launched a new CardioSmart website (www.cardiosmart.org). By featuring shared decision-making tools, the new website emphasizes the value of the patient and clinician partnership to personalize care.
Through CardioSmart.org, patients and clinicians will find information on heart conditions, resources to support important health conversations and tools to build their partnership – not just on specific decisions but over a lifetime. These include action plans, decision aids, and infographics available in multiple languages. The information on CardioSmart aims to support the trusted relationship between patients with heart disease and their clinicians.
“Our new website is user-friendly, for both health care professionals and patients. Clinicians can refer patients, and patients can effortlessly find the information they need to aid in making key health decisions,” said Martha Gulati, MD, editor-in-chief of CardioSmart. “We continue to evolve and develop the resources our members want for our patients, be an up-to-date reliable source for everyone and improve the ease with which everyone can access information, whether from a clinic setting or at home.”
Some of the key features available are:
- An enhanced Topics section with detailed information on more than 30 health conditions and subjects, including heart attack, atrial fibrillation, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, stroke, women and heart disease, and more.
- A new Decisions hub to help support the shared decision-making process among patients, clinicians, family members and care teams working together to find out whether a test or a treatment is right for them.
- CardioSmart’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) Hub includes the latest about COVID-19 and how to keep healthy and not to delay seeking medical help during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- A new Clinician Quick-Find section that helps health care professionals easily locate infographics, fact sheets and action plans to share with their patients.
- Streamlined access to translated and international materials in one location.
For more information on CardioSmart, visit the new site at www.cardiosmart.org.
The American College of Cardiology envisions a world where innovation and knowledge optimize cardiovascular care and outcomes. As the professional home for the entire cardiovascular care team, the mission of the College and its 54,000 members is to transform cardiovascular care and to improve heart health. The ACC bestows credentials upon cardiovascular professionals who meet stringent qualifications and leads in the formation of health policy, standards and guidelines. The College also provides professional medical education, disseminates cardiovascular research through its world-renowned JACC Journals, operates national registries to measure and improve care, and offers cardiovascular accreditation to hospitals and institutions. For more, visit acc.org.