Contact: Katie Glenn, email@example.com,
WASHINGTON (Apr 07, 2022) -
Through a shared commitment to transforming cardiovascular care, the American College of Cardiology is partnering with the Korean Society of Cardiology (KSC) to host ACC Asia 2022 Together with KSC Spring Conference, taking place April 15-16, 2022, in Gyeongju, South Korea and virtually.
Led by conference co-chairs Fred M. Kusumoto, MD, FACC, and Hyun-Jae Kang, MD, the conference brings together experts from around the Asia Pacific region and world to discuss, share and critique the latest in cardiovascular prevention and care. The conference looks to critically examine emerging trends, evidence-based strategies, contemporary best practices and clinical decision-making to achieve the cardiovascular community’s common objective of improving the heart health for patients with cardiovascular disease.
Sessions of Interest:
- Cardiovascular Innovations, April 15, 00:10-00:50 ET/13:10-13:50 KST
- JACC: Asia, April 16, 08:00-08:45 KST/19:00-19:45 ET (April 15 in the U.S.)
- Interventional Therapy: What’s Next?, April 16, 12:30-13:15 KST/23:30-00:15 ET (April 15-16 in the U.S.)
See the full conference agenda here. The KSC Spring Conference will be running additional sessions that are not affiliated with ACC Asia 2022. For more information on KSC sessions, please visit their website.
The conference will also feature abstract presentations on a variety of research being done by cardiovascular clinicians throughout the region. PLEASE NOTE: All ACC Asia 2022 abstracts are embargoed until Monday, April 11, 2022, at 08:00 ET/12:00 UTC/21:00 KST. The following are a selection of abstracts:
- Maternal and neonatal outcomes among pregnant women with heart disease in the Philippines: A retrospective cross-sectional study from 2015-2019
- Long-term shift work is not associated with an increased risk of metabolic syndrome: a cross-sectional study of railway workers in southwest China
- Increased risk of cardiovascular disease in adults with allergic disorders: a population-based study
To receive embargoed copies of these abstracts or to register for media credentials and access to the conference, please contact ACC Associate Director of Media Relations Katie Glenn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on ACC Asia 2022, visit ACC.org/Asia2022.
The American College of Cardiology envisions a world where innovation and knowledge optimize cardiovascular care and outcomes. As the professional home for the entire cardiovascular care team, the mission of the College and its more than 56,000 members is to transform cardiovascular care and to improve heart health. The ACC bestows credentials upon cardiovascular professionals who meet stringent qualifications and leads in the formation of health policy, standards and guidelines. The College also provides professional medical education, disseminates cardiovascular research through its world-renowned JACC Journals, operates national registries to measure and improve care, and offers cardiovascular accreditation to hospitals and institutions. For more, visit acc.org