It is time to submit your recommendations to the Nominating Committee for the slate of Trustees and Vice President for the American College of Cardiology (ACC) and the American College of Cardiology Foundation (ACCF). Nominations are due by July 3, 2018. Submit your nominations today!
Each Trustee will serve up to a three-year term. The Vice President serves a one year term, and is thereafter eligible to assume the position of the President. To serve as Vice President, an individual must have first served at least one term on the Board.
Please review the Application Form [DOC], Trustee Position Description [PDF] and ACC Vice President Position Description [PDF]. ACC Vice President applicants, please reference the ACC President Position Description [PDF] for future responsibilities.
Per ACC's recent governance transformation, the Nominating Committee encourages all nominators, candidates and supporters to leverage the recently launched Leadership Competency model. In alignment with the Governance Principles, the ACC's Nominating Committee will be applying the Leadership Competencies [PDF] as a framework for discussion of Vice President and Trustee candidates. ACC leadership competencies are available here.
In addition to ACC's Leadership Competencies designated above, prospective Trustee candidates should possess additional competencies essential to the functions of the Board of Trustees. Valuable skills and expertise may include, but are not limited to:
- Member education and knowledge
- Comprehension of digital and informational technology
- Knowledge of health systems and institutional strategy
- Understanding of health policy, including quality and outcomes/population health
- Proficiency in education and research
Individual Trustees are not expected to possess all stated competencies above. However, the Board will need to contain these skillsets collectively.
Please forward your nominations and supporting materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 3, 2018.
In making recommendations, you are reminded of the following:
- Members may be primary nominator for only one member per category (Vice President or Trustee).
- Members may write a letter of support for up to two Trustees, provided they are not the primary nominator of a Trustee.
- Officers, Nominating Committee members, Governance Committee members, and ACC staff may not support a candidate.
- A Past-President is ineligible for any elected office.
- Members of the Nominating Committee are ineligible for any office.
- A Trustee term shall be three years with a maximum of two three-year terms.
- Members of the Board of Governors (BOG) may not serve on the Board of Trustees concurrently, with the exception of the Chair and Chair Elect of the BOG.
The Nominating Committee will meet this summer to consider all recommendations submitted and will present a slate of nominations to the ACC/ACCF Board of Trustees for approval.
Members unable to provide support to 2018 – 2019 Officer & Trustee Candidates:
President: C. Michael Valentine, MD, FACC
Vice President: Richard J. Kovacs, MD, FACC
Secretary: Andrew P. Miller, MD, FACC
Treasurer: Howard T. Walpole Jr., MD, MBA, FACC
Athena Poppas, MD, FACC (Chair)
Joseph G. Cacchione, MD, FACC
Huon H. Gray, MD, FACC
John Gordon Harold, MD, MACC
Jane A. Linderbaum, MS, FNP, AACC
Michael J. Mack, MD, FACC
W. Douglas Weaver, MD, MACC
Dipti Itchhaporia, MD, FACC
Kim Allan Williams Sr., MD, MACC
Mary Norine Walsh, MD, MACC (Chair)
Ana Barac, MD, PHD, FACC
John E. Brush Jr., MD, FACC
Blair D. Erb Jr., MD, FACC
Eileen M. Handberg, PHD, ARNP, FACC
Gerard R. Martin, MD, FACC
B. Hadley Wilson, MD, FACC
Contact Taylor Davis at (202) 375-6208 or email@example.com with your questions.