The ACC is now accepting applications for the ACC CardioSmart associate editor position. The new editor’s term will begin July 2021 and end July 2024, with the possibility of re-appointment for an additional three-year term. The deadline for applications is Friday, Nov. 13.
Over the last 10 years, the role of the patient as part of the cardiovascular care team has increased in importance within the ACC. In fact, one of ACC’s Core Values is patient-centeredness, which includes the following tenets:
- Advocate on behalf of the cardiovascular patient population in promotion of the public good.
- Practice organizational altruism – the safety and needs of cardiovascular patients are central to everything we do.
- Support and educate patients and clinicians in the practice of shared decision-making.
- Encourage the patient as part of the care team.
ACC’s primary vehicle for delivering this content to clinicians is through CardioSmart – ACC’s patient engagement program that supports the partnership between the patient and clinician.
The CardioSmart associate editor will be primarily responsible for advising and ensuring clinical accuracy of the editorial content development on the CardioSmart.org site, including the development of CardioSmart news and information. The associate editor will assist in developing innovative strategies to help the College best engage, educate and activate patients in their care. In addition, the associate editor will serve as an ex officio member of the Solution Set Oversight Committee.*
CardioSmart Associate Editor Qualifications:
- Broad knowledge of cardiovascular medicine.
- Experienced clinician in all aspects of general cardiovascular and primary care.
- Understanding of how patients and consumers learn and apply medical information.
- Member of the American College of Cardiology.
- Experienced social media user and familiarity with the digital health environment a plus.
Information and Application Deadlines:
- The CardioSmart associate editor term is three years, beginning July 2021 and ending July 2024, with the possibility of re-appointment for an additional three-year term.
- To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter (300-500 words) describing your interest in the program, qualifications for the position and a brief statement of your vision for CardioSmart.
- Cover letters should be addressed to Kim A. Eagle, MD, MPH, MACC, ACC.org editor-in-chief, and Ty Gluckman, MD, FACC, Solution Set Oversight Committee chair via email to Arielle Fingerman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline for submission of applications is Friday, Nov. 13.
*About the ACC Solution Set Oversight Committee (SSOC)
The ACC Solution Set Oversight Committee (SSOC) is charged with executing on the Science and Quality Committee’s (SQC) vision of developing solution sets. Solutions sets are groups of closely related activities, policy, mobile applications, decision support, and other tools necessary to transform care and/or improve heart health. SSOC accomplishes its change by determining what is needed to create and enhance solution sets in a given topic and through appointing content development groups, which are response for creating the content.