Physician Payments Sunshine Act Tips for Registering to Preview Industry Payment Reports
Physicians are now able to register to preview their Physician Payments Sunshine Act industry payment reports by visiting portal.cms.gov.
Tips for successfully registering:
- Physicians must register themselves – staff will not be able to register for you.
- Have a copy of your credit report next to you while registering.
- Review and print the slides available from CMS. Step-by-step instructions begin on slide 14.
- Designate a member of your staff to be given access to your report during the preview period.
- Contact email@example.com with any problems with registration.
- Contact Experian Proofing Support Services for assistance with identity proofing concerns.
- You do not need to create a new Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Enterprise Identity Management system (EIDM) account if you use the Health Insurance Oversight System (HIOS), the Medicaid and CHIP Program System (MACPro) or other CMS systems.
- PECOS, the National Provider Identifier enumeration system and the Surrogate User Program are not connected to the EIDM system, so you cannot use existing accounts on those systems for Sunshine Act purposes.
Keywords: Medicaid, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, U.S., Medicare, Insurance, Health, Government Programs
< Back to Listings