ACC Latin America Conference Kicks Off in Cartagena
ACC's 2019 Latin America Conference kicked off today in Cartagena, Colombia. Hosted in collaboration with the Colombian Society of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery, over the next three days attendees will examine evidence-based strategies, as well as best practices and clinical decision-making with a focus on how it applies to everyday practice to treat cardiovascular disease patients throughout Latin America.
The conference, chaired by Hector I. Michelena, MD, FACC, and Miguel Urina-Triana, MD, MSc, FACC, features experts from around the world and the region who will discuss, share and critique the latest in cardiovascular prevention and care. Sessions will cover coronary artery disease, infectious diseases and the heart, the power of data, and more.
In addition to educational sessions, new science will also be presented. Highlights include:
- The Main Reasons for Not Finishing a Cardiac Rehabilitation Program Might Be Preventable and Not Related to Age
- Hypoxia and Blood Hypertension Biomarkers Measured in Saliva During High Altitude Expedition
- Availability and Accessibility to Anticoagulant Therapy in Latin America
- Obesity Associated With the Hours of Use of the Smartphone in University Students: The Technological Slavery of the Future
- Long-Term Follow-Up of Zika Myocarditis: What We Know and What We Have to Learn
Follow @ACCinTouch on Twitter for live coverage and use #ACCIntlConf to join the conversation. Also don't miss these two sessions via Facebook Live:
- On Friday, July 26 at 2:50 p.m. ET, join the ACC as Adalberto Quintero Baiz, MD, FACC; Y. S. Chandrashekhar, MD, FACC; Richard Kovacs, MD, FACC; Pamela B. Morris, MD, FACC; and C. Michael Valentine, MD, MACC, discuss the top clinical trials of 2019 and how they'll impact practice.
- On Saturday, July 27 at 11:55 a.m. ET, join Juan Aranda Jr., MD, FACC; Viviana Navas, MD; Maria Juliana Rodriguez, MD; and Jose Miguel Torres, MD, FACC, for a Heart Failure session on the top five questions you want to know the answers to, but are afraid to ask.
For more information, including the full conference agenda and a full list of abstracts, click here.
Keywords: Coronary Artery Disease, Cardiac Rehabilitation, Latin America, Colombia, Myocarditis, Hypertension, Obesity, Anticoagulants
< Back to Listings