ACC Oregon Cardiovascular Symposium
The 16th Annual ACC Oregon Cardiovascular Symposium, held in Portland, OR, was a resounding success. The CV Team was well-represented with 146 of the total 227 registrants. Throughout the years, our attendees have been consistent in their comments that they greatly appreciate the opportunity to attend the symposium along with their cardiologist and cardiac surgeon colleagues everyone is hearing the same thing at the same time. We believe this sentiment reinforces the significance of the team component in successful cardiovascular care.
The level of education is extremely high. After the third symposium, it was clear that the cardiovascular community in Oregon wanted high-level quality education to enable them to provide even better patient care. Our lineup of presenters included many national thought leaders, who presented on the most pertinent issues facing those involved in providing cardiovascular care.
- When Epidemics Collide: Obesity and HFpEF
- Cardio-Oncology: Drugs that Damage the Heart Prevention, Treatment, Tailoring Therapies
- Pulmonary Hypertension and Right Ventricular Dysfunction in Heart Failure
- Heart Failure Transition Care
- Intraoperative and Postoperative Right Heart Failure: How to Avoid and How to Treat
- The Cabana Trial: Is Ablation For AFib a Waste of Time?
- Making Sense of COAPT and Future Directions For Severe Functional Mitral Regurgitation
- Managing AFib in a Heart Failure Setting: Pursuit of the Sweet Spot
- TAVR vs. SAVR in Low- and Moderate-Risk Patients
- Spontaneous Coronary Artery Dissection and Myocardial Infarction With Nonobstructive Coronary Artery Disease
- How to Promote Provider Wellness and Prevent Burnout
- How to Use Cardiac MRI in Your General Practice, in the Clinic, on the Wards
- Women's Heart Health Programs
- Treatment Options in Amyloid Heart Disease
- The Changing Microbiology of Endocarditis: When to Emergently Operate?
- The Echocardiographic Evaluation of Athletes
Planning for the 17th Annual ACC Oregon Cardiovascular Symposium has already begun. With the dates secured for April 17 18, 2020, we encourage others from outside of Oregon to attend this premier cardiovascular educational event. At this year's meeting, a CV Team attendee traveled to Oregon from Utah and commented, "I don't know how I got invited, but I am sure glad I was ...definitely worth my time to be there!"
This article was authored by Alan Morasch, CAE, executive director of the ACC Oregon Chapter.