- The Geriatric Cardiology Member Section's Education and Training Work Group is currently working on a proposal to revise and re-disseminate the ECCOA curriculum.
Click here to learn more about past work done on the ECCOA curriculum.
- The third and final U-13 Research Workshop, Diagnostic Testing in Older Adults: Choosing Wisely, takes place from October 15 – 16, 2018, at Heart House. This event is cosponsored by the ACC, the American Geriatric Society, and the National Institute on Aging.
More information on the previous two U-13 workshops is available here.
- The Section is working on putting together a "Best Practices in Geriatric Cardiology (Age-Friendly Subspecialty Care)" document to help clinicians manage older adults with cardiovascular disease in various clinical settings.
As part of this process, Section members are reviewing literature and consolidating guidelines to be able to provide recommendations.
The Section Leadership Council is also working on developing a formal recognition process for geriatric cardiology "Best Practices" institutions.
The Geriatric Cardiology Member Section is committed both to advancing the specialty through strategic partnerships and initiatives, as well as providing its members with timely, relevant resources that will help them in their daily practice.
Explore the information below to learn more about some of what we're working on.
- SILVER-AMI Readmission and Mortality Calculator
- Mortality Prediction For Older Adults With AMI: The SILVER-AMI Study
- Domain Management Approach to Heart Failure in the Geriatric Patient: Present and Future
- Multimorbidity in Older Adults With Cardiovascular Disease
- JACC Focus Seminar: CVD in the Elderly
Are you interested in more of the latest news and research on geriatric cardiology?
Visit the Geriatric Cardiology Clinical Collection, which gathers the latest guidelines, news, JACC articles, education, meetings and clinical images pertaining to the subspecialty — all in one place for your convenience.