The management of atrial fibrillation (AFib) and peripheral artery disease (PAD) has become increasingly complex due to the introduction and intersection of direct oral anticoagulants and antithrombotic therapies used to reduce the risk of stroke particularly in patients who are at high or very high risk of stroke (CHADS2VASC2 ≥ 2).
The goals of this solution set are to close gaps in care related to:
- The use of anticoagulants and antithrombotic therapies in patients with CHADS2VASC2 ≥ 2.
- Accessibility of anticoagulants and antithrombotic therapies for eligible patients.
Expert Consensus Decision Pathways
CardioSmart Patient Tools
- Your Action Plan for Managing AFib
- AFib Medication List
- 10 Steps You Can Take to Manage Atrial Fibrillation
- Keeping Track of Symptoms and How AFib Affects Your Life
- AFib Symptom Diary
Peripheral Artery Disease
Heart House Roundtables
- Ongoing Dilemmas with Surveillance and Diagnosis of Atrial Fibrillation (2022)
- Antithrombotic Therapy for the Management of PAD and CAD (2018)
- Anticoagulation Consortium (2013-2017)