The treatment of clinical dyslipidemia—a long-standing cornerstone in the prevention and management of primary and secondary ASCVD—has markedly increased in complexity over the last several years.
The goals of this solution set are to close gaps in care related to the:
- Underdiagnosis of patients with dyslipidemia and high risk for ASCVD-related events.
- Suboptimal utilization of statin and nonstatin pharmacotherapy for primary and secondary prevention of ASCVD-related events.
Expert Consensus Decision Pathways
CardioSmart Patient Tools
- My Plan for Starting a PCSK9 Inhibitor (action plan)
- Lower your "bad" cholesterol and protect your heart (infographic)
- Your action plan for lowering LDL-cholesterol and related heart risks (action plan)
- Assessing your heart health (worksheet)
- Patient Voices: Managing High Cholesterol (video series)
- Patient Voices: On Finding the Right Statin or What Works for You
- Patient Voices: On Making Healthy Choices and Knowing Your Family History
- Patient Voices: Paying Attention to Your LDL Cholesterol Over Your Lifetime
- Patient Voices: On Surviving a Heart Attack, Learning About Nutrition, Stress Management and Coping
Heart House Roundtables
- LDL-C Lowering Therapies: The Changing Lipid Landscape (2020)
- LDL & Beyond: Emerging Management Strategies for Patients with Dyslipidemia (2019)
- LDL: Address the Risk (2013, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Heart House Patient Forums
- Managing LDL Cholesterol and Cardiovascular Risk: Learning from the Patient Experience (2020)