The Advances in Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (HCM) Roundtable will address critical issues that continue to challenge the ability of clinicians to provide optimal care for patients with HCM. The goal of this Roundtable is to address the practical issues and key clinical questions facing clinicians in managing and treating HCM. Participants will consider the roles of interdisciplinary and intersystem treatment; standard and novel therapeutics; and opportunities in population health.
Interactive discussions will be used to inform the development of actionable content to be used at the point of care, which may include clinical policy, health policy statements and/or other clinician and patient tools necessary to transform care and improve heart health.
This Roundtable is part of the Accelerating Innovation for Medical Excellence in Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (AIME HCM) initiative. The goal of this initiative is to increase the awareness and understanding of HCM, activate clinicians, and optimize disease management to improve outcomes.
- SESSION 1: CURRENT STANDARDS AND FRONTIERS
- Multimodality Diagnostics, Sharlene M. Day, MD
- Standards and Novel Therapies: Thresholds and Interplay, Sara Saberi, MD, MS
- HCM and HFpEF Overlap: An Opportunity or a Trap?, Ahmad Masri, MD, MS, FACC
- SESSION 2: POPULATION HEALTH - CREATING THOUGHTFUL AND EFFICIENT PATHWAYS FOR SUCCESS
- Current Status of Access and Outcomes in HCM, Daniel Jacoby, MD
- Meeting the Value Imperative in Cardiovascular Medicine: Opportunities in HCM, Nihar R. Desai, MD, MPH, FACC
- HCM at the Intersection of Sex and Race, Neal K. Lakdawala, MD, MSc